I have been tagged by Lori at I Spend Most of My Life in the Kitchen, for the infamous, 8 random things about myself. Everything about me is random, so this might be difficult to narrow it down to 8. First I most post the rules:
1. Post the rules on your site. 2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
And now for my 8 random things:
1. I have 2 college degrees, one in computer science and one in special education. Though they sound completely different, they actually have a lot in common. Both involve trying to make something work that sometimes doesn’t want to.
2. I can’t stand to see an animal get hurt. My mother remembers taking me to see “Walking Tall”, (are you old enough to remember Billy Jack movies?). Anyway, during the movie people are getting killed and beat up all over the place and I sit there stoically. But then the german shepard gets killed and I fall to pieces.
3. Speaking of fall to pieces, I love Patsy Cline.
4. After it rains, I run outside and try to save all the worms that have washed out onto the driveway. I pick them up and place them back in the grass before they (a) get eaten by a bird, (b) get squished by a car, or (c) they dry up.
5. I love to flower garden. Or rather, I love looking at my flower garden. The whole zen thing of pulling weeds and digging in the dirt, just doesn’t work for me. I see it as a necessary evil, a means to an end. I probably don’t like it because…
6. I hate hot weather. I hate to be hot and sweaty, I would much rather be cold than hot. One spring break during college, I actually came back home from Florida after 4 days because it was just too hot. And because I would rather be cold…
7. I love snow. I love to look at it, play in it, and I even love to drive in it. As a teacher, I get to look forward to snow days as much as when I was a little kid. Unfortunately, after moving to Southeast Tennessee, my snow days are few and far between. But luckily, here, a mere dusting of snow, will call off school.
8. I have a fabric obsession. I love fabric and textiles. I have fabric and vintage linens stored in every possible storage place in my house.
And now, I am supposed to tag 8 people. The problem is that I am new to blogging, I’ve only been blogging since June. I’m sure many of you have been tagged before, and I don’t want to tag someone who has all ready been it. So, I’m tagging my daugher, at Write Me Beautiful, because I know she hasn’t been tagged. But if you reading this, and you haven’t been tagged and you’d like to be, leave me a comment and I’ll tag you!