Eat More Salads

salad bowl

You want to know the secret to getting yourself to eat more salads? It’s simple. Buy a pretty new salad bowl with cute tosser thingys.

Comments

And it’s not even breakable! Cute tosser thingys indeed! We snag salad stuff all the time during the summer. It beats cooking veggies.

Ahahaah, you got the bear claws! I have requests from Greek friends to but them this set but they may also use mail-order!

What a pretty bowl and tosser thingys! Looking forward to seeing how you fill that bowl! Did you mention in another post that you head back to the classroom soon?

4. swirlingnotions says

I love it! We bought a gorgeous, striped ceramic bowl in Greece a few years back that is the PERFECT size for a salad for two (one of the reasons we bought it) and it has exactly that effect for me. I look at it and think . . . what can I put in there tonight? In fact, some friends of ours were so attached to their salad bowl before they got married that Jake hid Chris’ engagement ring in it (for her to find it) the night he proposed.

Nice addition to the kitchen! Mine was the addition of a salad spinner and a desire to watch stuff spin around very quickly in a bowl and be able to control it with a brake. I feel like an evil carnival worker.

6. Pam says

Marjie – I know, I love salads in the summer.

Noble – I’ve gone into magazine rehab.

Sandi – I wish I had more, especially some lovely old ones.

Peter – bear claws? Is that what you call them? I was at a total loss, hence the cute tosser thingys.

Swirling – I’m glad I’m not the only one compelled to make something just because of the pretty dish I can put it into!

Paula – yes, this Friday!

Kalyn – thanks!

Jeff – I love the connection between salad spinner and evil carnival worker!

Patricia – thanks!

Lore – thank you, I love it!

I completely agree. Over the last year I have replaced all non-fabulous dishes with beautiful ones and eating is just so much more enjoyable. My favorite is a brown Japanese pottery salad bowl I bought for $5 at a second hand shop. (I live in Tokyo). My husband has even started to like making salad because of the nice bowl.