Not My First Choice

You know, sometimes I think my husband is a little bitter because he was not my first choice.

You see, I was actually supposed to marry Donny Osmond, Davey Jones, or David Cassidy.

Donny Osmond, of course, was first. I have no brothers and sisters, and he has plenty to go around. Plus, Marie would have been the best sister-in-law (no offense to my current sister-in-law, who is fabulous, by the way). But I could have gotten tickets to Dancing With The Stars!!! Heck, I would have actually been on stage, cheering her on.

Davey Jones comes in a strong second. The only problem with Davey is that I believe he is shorter than me. I do not have a good history with short boyfriends. When I was 14, I was dating the boy next door. Unfortunately, I had gone through my growth spurt and was 5’8″, he hadn’t, and was probably not even 5 feet yet. Other than the height, we looked alot alike, both with blond hair and green eyes. Well, one Friday, we were roller skating at the rink, and this cute older guy (probably 16!!) started talking to me and asked who the little kid was. I said that he was my younger brother. This didn’t sit too well with my boyfriend. You should have seen the scathing note he passed to me in the hall the next day!!!

Last, is David Cassidy. I really wasn’t all that crazy about David. But I really liked Susan Dey on the Partridge Family. I thought she was really cool, and we could become best friends forever. However, even I know it’s probably not a good idea to marry someone because you like their pretend TV sister.

Who should you have married?

P.S. I forgot Peter Brady. Except that I can’t remember his real name, so probably not a good idea on him, either.

Comments

Magnum!! I also had a thing for Dr. Johnny Fever, but Magnum would be my first choice.
    The dark locks, big eyes, mischeivous smile. Tall and built and……
    I had better stop there.
    signed,
    (might have been) Mrs. Sellek.

ps, also had a bit of a thing for Doc on the love boat. (Weird, I know)

I met David Cassidy and although he was quite small (ok, short), he really was a nice guy.

Perhaps he could wear heels to match your 5’8?

O.K. I know this is really strange but I loved John Walton and Grandpa Walton. His name was Zeb. I would have married either of them anyday. Of course, then I would have had to be grandma or Olivia…and we all would have had to be way younger.
    I know what you mean about Laurie Partridge though. I always thought Keith was kind of whiney myself. Gregg Brady, now he was pretty cool. I’m a Walton’s girl all the way myself.

Donny Osmond, David Cassidy or Tom Sellick.

We had a UPS driver who looked like Tom Sellick. I never did learn his name; I just called him Tom. All the other drivers knew who I was talking about when I asked where Tom Sellick was.

And since I’m only 5’4″ (if I stretch, according to hubby dearest), short is not an issue, although I always liked tall men – and married one who’s 6’3″!

Do you remember that there are 3 guys who look a lot like David Cassidy – himself, Patrick Swayze, and another whose name escapes me who comes from Knoxville? Or am I the only nutter who noticed that?

Ah, love all those guys. Now I’m going to be humming all the songs from the Partridge Family! We also used to watch a show called Here Come The Brides that had three lumberjack brothers played by Bobby Sherman, David Soul, and somebody else. Sigh. Perhaps that’s the real reason I moved out west!

LOL! Yes, David Cassidy (I had a poster of him on my bedroom closet door..loved the hair), and Davy Jones was the best when he was Marcia Marcia Marcia’s date! I was in awe of Marcia (and her hair, ha!), but did not particularly have a crush on her brothers (Barry Williams, although he did look hot in that long sleeved blue and white striped sweater, Christopher Knight,Mike Lookinland). My other choices were Pistol Pete Maravich…Tom Jones…KC of KC and the Sunshine band…Little Joe. Where did this subject come from? love it.

I was supposed to marry either Antonio Banderas, Christian Bale, or Brad Renfro. But seeing as how Antonio is looking a little old, and Brad is dead, and Christian is busy being Batman, I think I ended up with the right guy.

I think. ;)

9. Pam says

Natashya – Oh, yes, Tom Sellek. The love boat doc, um, I’m not to sure about.

Peter – I think I remember you posting about David Cassidy.

Pam – Pam’s have good taste.

Noble – OMG. Davey Jones and man boobs, this does not make me happy.

Hip chick – the Walton’s!!! That is too funny.

Preppy – good choices!

Marjie – I’m going to have to look up David Keith, I don’t know who he is!

Sandi – I liked Peter Tork too, I liked the Mickey guy too.

Paula – Oh, I forgot about Bobby Sherman!

Ning – you can tell us, we won’t tell a soul.

Joy – I can’t remember what KC looks like.

Ley – oh, you’re a sweet little newlywed!