Garden Tuesday – Garlic Chives

Garlic Chives

Do you clean up your fall/winter garden? I don’t. I pretty much leave everything as is, which explains why my stuff reseeds like crazy and I have no order what-so-ever to my garden. But I think the dried flower heads are pretty, don’t you?

Comments

I do that also. By Fall I have moved onto other things. I like the idea of putting the garden to bed but in my life it just never happens. So, in the spring the garden is always an adventure. I love garlic chives but mine do not reseed very well if at all.

2. not know how to name says

Hehe ,it can be seen that you may be a nature lover.Nature is exist there ,why do people chang it? There are so many kind of things ,and there are so many kind of beauty. Remain the beauty as it ever ,maybe it could not be seen by our offsprings.

Funny… I was just thinking about putting gardens to bed as I headed out my door this morning! I wish I could get my pictures to turn out as beautiful as yours..it may come with practice I guess! :)

I look forward to your blog entries. And with apologies have tagged you. At the same time, I’m letting you off the hook–that’s to say, don’t feel compelled to play, though if you decide to, the scoop is on my blog.

Me too!

I like the look.
    My lavender plants look lovely in winter and even the russian sage looks interesting. I like the way they look peeking through the snow too.

6. wyo says

Here, they are left in our prairie (not garden), and Little Girl brings me bouquets of them throughout the winter. I can’t imagine pulling them up, even if we didn’t have so many of them! They are lovely decorations, either indoors or out. :)

My grandma recently passed away — she used to send me garlics and other odds and ends from her garden for replanting. It was so beautiful because she passed away in October, just as everything was going to seed. When we gathered at her home for the funeral, we all went to the garden and picked seeds to take home and dry for our own gardens. I feel there is something wonderfully life-affirming about letting all those “dead heads” go to seed and land as they may. I think there is more of an order in that practice than we may recognize.

I leave the garden too. It may be sheer laziness on my part. I am only an enthusiastic gardener at the beginning of the season.
    Hubby went out and took pics of our chive blossoms this week too! They really are pretty.
    You have turned into quite the photographer, a new career in the making?

I love the “lack of order” look. One of the things I really love about hydrangea is that the flowers cling all winter, so there’s something other than dead sticks in that corner of the yard!

I don’t currently have a yard, so I have no garden to clean up over the winter. I’m learning about gardening, so I’ve been doing some herbs (windowsill gardening) and some flowering plants (on the balcony).

I’m thinking about doing a bit of a trellis this spring with some night blooming jasmine. I’ll let ya know next year if i clean that up before winter sets in. :)

I guess in Australia it’s not something we really need to worry about or where I live anyway. No real, fall to winter season. Just pretty much dry all year round :)

Frankie and I love this blog and read it often. There’s always something interesting. We got a Kreativ Blogger award recently and wanted to nominate this blog too! We’ve got a post up today with the award…..

Bella.