Moomies Buns

Moomies Buns

When I got my first bread machine, many moons ago, I discovered King Arthur bread flour. Then, I discovered their website and their forum on bread baking and found the famous Moomies Buns recipe. If you’ve done any kind of searching on the internet for bread baking or rolls, you’ve probably stumbled upon the Moomies Buns recipe. If you like making bread or rolls and you haven’t tried these, you really owe it to yourself. They are amazing. I make them as dinner rolls for every holiday and whenever else I need rolls. They are light as air and soft and squishy. They are perfect.

Moomies Buns
(makes 8 hamburger size buns, I usually make 12 dinner rolls)

1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons butter
1 egg
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon instant yeast

INSTRUCTIONS

Place all ingredients in your bread machine. Select the dough cycle. Allow to run cycle.

Dump out onto lightly floured surface. Divide into 8 (or how ever many you are making) pieces. With each piece, slap into a bun shape. Usually four or five slaps will do it. Place on greased cookie sheets or your bun pans, cover; rise about 30 to 40 minutes.

Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes till golden.

Comments

Those look delicious. Do they turn out well if you double the recipe, or should they be done in separate batches? And what if you don’t have a bread machine (and don’t intend to buy one)?

They look so perfect. I would like to try them but I sold my bread machine in a garage sale a few years ago. Would my KitchenAid mixer work?? Merry Christmas!!

I can’t be the only person who saw the title of this post and thought, at first glance, it said “Mommies’ Buns”! And they kind of should be round and fluffy like a mommy’s buns, right? Haha. The moomies buns look delicious. If only I could get over my fear of failure with yeast.

What beautiful rolls! Even better, they are made in a bread machine. Wouldn’t they be delicious for Christmas dinner…

I think Santa is getting me a bread machine for Christmas, so these will be the first I try !
    Thank you for sharing the recipe!!

I hope you have a wonderful, safe and peaceful Holiday Season!

6. Jem83 says

Pam, I just stumbled upon your blog, and I am totally blown away by your delicious recipes and all of the beautiful photography. Honestly, I think I’m addicted!

7. Pam says

Natashya – they rise so much, they look like softballs!

Joy – I’ve never tried doubling it. If you follow the link, I think it gives directions for using a food processor. Most stand mixers come with bread instructions too.

Terri – thank you!

Kathy – yes! I use my mixer sometimes.

Andrea – I hope you will love your bread machine as much as I love mine!

Antoinette – how funny!

Pam – they are so good, they don’t even need butter.

Tracie – the link gives instructions for a food processor.

Marjie – Merry Christmas!

Lisa – I love letting the bread machine do the work for me.

Eating club – really! I thought I was the last one to have heard of them!

Staci – I think everyone needs a bread machine!

Tatersmama – if you get one, you’ll have to post pictures of all your lovely bread!

Jem83 – thank you! And thanks for visiting!

Lydia – I know! The problem with a bread machine is all the yummy bread you end up eating!

i’ve never heard of moomies, and it’s definitely a name i’d remember. they look so pillowy and soft and round and fun. thanks for sharing, and happy holidays!

We made these lovely little buns for Christmas dinner and they came out huge (our fault) but airy, tender, and absolutely delicious! This is a keeper, for sure! Thank you for sharing!!!