Comments

Do you brine your turkey? We did this year and was amazed at the difference! Your spread looks fabulous, especially the green bean casserole.

What kind of camera do you have and what lens setting do you use to get such great shots of your food?

I keep checking my mailbox but never got my invitation. Sure you have my address correct?

blurry pictures means a great time because you did not have time to really slow down.

Looks like a great day. Were all the girls home? I have never made a green bean casserole. I must be the only person in the whole world who hasn’t.

OMG… Talk about nostalgia! I didn’t “do” Thanksgiving dinner this year ( Aussies just don’t get the point and I refuse to settle for a beer swilling debacle)but the dishes looked like mine usually look! *sob*
    I think I have a spare can of french fried onions in the cupboard, so I’m going to go eat those straight out of the can… just to feel a bit better. :o)

5. Pam says

Terri – no, I didn’t this year. I just couldn’t get my act together the night before! I use a Canon Rebel XTI. I don’t know what kind of lens!

Katherine – I don’t know if I could do it every Thursday, I think I’ve all ready gained a few pounds!

Alicia – that’s why I got them, something that can take a beating in the dishwasher!

Jeff – I really didn’t have time to slow down!

Pearl – the more the merrier!

Kathy – thank you, we did have a good Thanksgiving.

Peter – thank you! I had time to recoup on Friday…no shopping for me.

Marjie – no, only one had dinner with us. My oldest was at her in-laws and my middle had to work at the dorm.

Mike – thank you!

Miss Glu – I have no idea what you said!

Udey – I’ve never understood the difference.

I love the fact that you have green bean casserole as one of your thanksgiivng dishes. It is one of my family traditions as well.. we have it every special occasion and is delicious every single time!

I also love the look of those sweet potatoes, do you have the recipe?

7. jeannette stgermain says

We had Thanksgiving at my oldest daughter’s house this year, and i could not bear to skip my favorite sweet potato dish with apples, so I made it the day before we made our 9 hour trip North – since your blog focusses on cooking, you might want to look at the recipe at my blog – it’s delicious and healthy – enjoy, jeannette

8. Pam says

Jackie – if you look on the side under labels and click on turkey, it’s the Giada roast turkey recipe. The sweet potatoes were just from the recipe on the back of the can.