Garden Tuesday – Birdbath

Birdbath

Christmas morning when I looked out my back window, I saw this sitting out in the yard with a big red bow on it! Isn’t it lovely?? I’ve been wanting a birdbath for quite a while now, and my husband found this one, complete with hummingbirds on it! I love it! It’s my favorite Christmas gift. What was yours?

Comments

I love it! That’s the most beautiful bird bath ever. The birds will be flocking to your yard from all over the county just to bathe. They’ll be telling all their bird relatives and pretty soon… oh my, it will be like an Alfred Hitchcock movie because of all the birds wanting to bathe in that beautimous bath! ahahahaha kidding! It is very lovely.

It is lovely!

My favorite gift was a black silk shirt my husband bought for me. It has 3/4 length sleeves and I love how they cover my arms but aren’t too long!

It’s beautiful! I know you (and the cats) will enjoy watching every bird come by. One of my favorite gifts was a moleskine journal. I would never have bought it for myself. So did you finish Outliers already? I just started it on Sunday.

Very cute birdbath! And how thoughtful of your hubby! Looks like it belongs in your yard.
    My favorite was a Simply Shabby Chic comforter and shams from my daughter. I, also, had been dreaming of them for a long time. She spent way too much money on me, but I do love them!

He did good. Really, really good! Not only did he get something you really wanted, he also surprised you with it plus put a bow on it. Nice guy. It’s a lovely birdbath!

I have 2 bird baths and it does my heart good to watch the blue birds bathe in them. The one you have, I love, very unique. My favorite Christmas gift was my son James coming home from L.A.

The pedestal looks so intricate with the hummingbirds. Your bird bath is beautiful and one of the most unique I’ve ever seen. I’ve been thinking of asking for a bird bath too.

That is a beautiful bird bath!! Not your regular run-of-the-mill bird bath. All the neighbor birds will be jealous and start coming to your house. My favorite gift is always my yearly chocolate candy kisses…one for every day from Christmas to our anniversary in March and the little piece of paper that says “kisses” on it has been replaced with a little strip of paper and some reason why he loves me written on it. Each one says something different and each year has a different theme. This is our 18th year. They mean more and more to me each year.

What a lovely birdbath! The birds are going to love it and I’m sure you’re going to get a lot of pleasure out of watching the birds bathe!

My favorite gift was an Alan Jackson CD – but then again, it was my only gift, so I don’t know if that actually qualifies as a “favorite” present or not.
    I wish I had something to compare it to, so that I could have chosen a “favorite”.
    LMAO!

I love your new birdbath and way your husband presented to you. My birdbath saw a lot of action this past summer. Things really dry up here from May to Nov so all the creatures of the woods liked to stop by. Next summer, we should set up a birdbath cam.

My favorite Christmas gift was the beautiful silver watch my husband gave me.

I love your birdbath. My favorite Christmas gift was a necklace that my 6 year old daughter picked out. It’s a silver tree with Family, my pride and joy enscribed on it.

What a lovely gift!
    Your area still looks fairly verdant. Mine is lost under ice and snow.
    My fave gifts were my rising buckets so I can try out my Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book!
    I am also pretty excited about my Breville multi level steamer but have not tried it yet.

That is gorgeous!! I’ve been wanting one forever too. I love birds!! My favorite are hummingbirds.

My favorite gift: spending time with my two sons and husband!!

14. Pam says

Long – what a great idea for a gift!

Susan – Don’t worry Patchouli chases them off every now and then, so we won’t get too many! LOL!

Terri – what a classic, it sounds lovely!

Antoinette – your journal sounds lovely! Yes I finished Outliers – I really enjoyed it. Let me know what you think.

Kathy – thank you!

Shabby – I love shabby chic things, they are all so pretty!

Marjie – thank you!

Paula – yeah, well he was in trouble for something else, so this really helped!

Kat – I’ve just noticed the blue birds. I’ve never really seen them before, they must like my birdbath. What a wonderful Christmas present you got!

Katherine – thank you, it really does bring lots more birds to the yard.

Joy – oh my, that was so romantic, I got all teary-eyed.

Tater – well, if you would let us send you some food from America, think of all the goodies that we wanted to send to you!

15. Pam says

Cali – I can’t wait to see how many birds I get in the summer. Your watch sounds wonderful!

Pam – oh, that sounds sweet!

Natashya – rising buckets! I want some. Also, I’ll have to look up the Breville steamer, it sounds interesting.

Staci – spending time with family is what it’s all about. Hummingbirds are my favorite, too.

Sam – I love everything passed down through the family. I think we might have a gun that belonged to my husband’s great-grandfather.

Moshe – I wish my road wasn’t so hilly, because I would love to ride.

I love birds too…weirdest thing this year, our hummingbird feeder froze and burst into shards. On the day after Christmas, I saw a hummingbird hovering outside the broken shell looking reproachfully at me. What’s he doing here (Oregon) in Winter?? P.S. My favorite gift was a purse. 2-toned in black and silver and lovely.