Garden Tuesday – The Last Photo of Christmas Cactus

Christmas Cactus

I promise this is the last photo of my Christmas cactus (but really, they have bloomed for almost 3 solid months). The weather actually warmed up this weekend, and I ventured out of the house with my camera. So, next week, garden photos of an real live garden. Or really, photos of a sort-of half dead garden, because it is the middle of winter, you know!

Comments

Oh my word! they are beautiful and I can understand why you would be posting pictures of them! How could you resist posting their picture?

Nice! Your blooms are lovely! How old is your plant? Wondering because I have one that is nearly 20 years old and another that I bought about two years ago. My old one puts out the palest of pink blooms. But for a limited time because I have to move the plant for the Christmas tree and then it pouts. By the time I move it back to it’s spot again the blooms have gone away. But, I do have one bud that is getting to bloom. I’ll photograph it so you can see.

Thanks for sharing your Christmas Cactus with us!

I want a Christmas Cactus! It’s beautiful and I am glad that you’ve posted the photos! I’ll be sure to look for one..next Christmas? LOL! Surely they must be available all year long, right? Blessings and wishes for many more blooming times! Lisa

This is more than a photo of beautiful plants, it’s a beautiful photo period. Someone could be tempted to use this as a banner on their blog. Nicely done, Pam.

I just LOVE Christmas Cactus’s!
    I think we have a version here, but it blooms in June – which is wintertime in Oz.

Yours is just magnificent and I love that deep color!

I love your Christmas Cactus photos, and enjoy looking at them. Especially during these cold winter months, their pink and green colors are so bright and cheery. What does Patchouli think of the pretty flowers?

7. jeannette says

Yours are blooming beautifully, and so long! I had Christmas cactuses for years (the color you have, and a white one, but the last 2 winters they haven’t bloomed – you think i need to repot them?

So pretty. Once a friend of mine went on vacation during the summer. When she came home and turned the air conditioning on, her Christmas cactus thought it was winter and began blooming.

We had a Christmas Cactus that bloomed until Easter one year. My grandmother had that cactus for years and she gave it me..I loved it..but it died. I cant keep any house plants alive.

I’m loving your combination of food, gardening and kitties. I think I’m going to sit down and have a stern talking to my Christmas cactus – it has never looked like that, ever.