Tyler’s Ultimate Green Salad

Green Salad

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Oh! Nuts, asking me if I would be willing to preview some of their products. They asked if I would be interested in any nuts or dried fruits. I told them to let me think about it.

No, I didn’t!!! I said, yes of course, here is my address, thank you, thank you, thank you. So, now I am the proud recipient of Turkish Pistachios, Macadamia Nuts, Almonds and Dried Raspberries. Expect to see lots of yummy, nutty goodness in the future.

Pistachios

As I sat, eating my way through the bag of pistachios (do I even have to tell you how good they are), I browsed through Tyler’s Ultimate: Brilliant Simple Food to Make Any Time. You know how sometimes it seems like everything falls into place? Well, that happened. Staring up at me was a recipe using pistachios and dill (which I had a huge bunch of, needing desperately to be used up).

It was amazing. Wonderful. So much better than my plain old salads. I loved the vinaigrette, the sugar and honey adding a little sweetness. The salad was perfect with the grapes and the pistachio nuts and the addition of the dill was great. I would have never thought to add dill, but it added another flavor component to an already flavorful salad.

Ultimate Green Salad
(Serves 4)
6 cups mixed arugula, mache, and Bibb lettuces (I just used Bibb)
1 cup green grapes (I cut them in half)
1/4 cup pistachios
handful of fresh dill sprigs

Combine the lettuces, grapes, pistachios, and dill in a bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over all and toss.

Tyler’s Ultimate Vinaigrette
makes about 1/3 cup
1 shallot, finely minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon honey
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine the ingredients in a jar and shake to emulsify.

TFF

This will be my entry for this week’s Tyler Florence Fridays.

Comments

Oooooh YUM! That looks absolutely scrumptious! I will have to try this recipe! Man, your photos are like “professional” grade fab! I really need to play with my camera more. =-)

Looks like I’ve found what I’ll serve to my co-workers next week.

I also looked at the Oh, Nuts! website. The Jelly Belly jelly bean dispenser would be the absolute death of me.

Tell them we like nuts around here. We are nuts around here. They should share their nuts with me, too!

And salad season has begun to take hold, so this is a great post. Says the person who’s looking out the window at 35 degree, rainy/snowy weather.

oh how NICE of Oh!Nuts to send you some nuts! My family is a huuuuuuuge lover of nuts, and with some of us being vegetarian, it’s a great way for us to get our essential protein.

i looooove topping salads with nuts and throwing in dried fruit everywhere. even in savory dishes – it makes a HUGE difference!

Mmmm, yummy! I love pistachios! How cool that they contacted you, and I bet it was great fun to get the package in the mail! Love your Tyler recipe. That’s one good lookin’ salad! :-)

I just checked back in to check a recipe, and realized I failed to comment on how lovely your salad plate and napkin are! Beautiful!

Free nuts are always good! I have never seen dried raspberries before.

That is one really nice looking green salad!

i love when everything lines up with a recipe and find the perfect one to use up what you have on hand. the salad sounds light and refreshing, i keep telling myself i need to eat more salads.

Trackbacks