Feta Cheese Burger

Feta Cheese Burger

When the newest installment of Regional Recipes was announced, it was American. I immediately thought of burgers or chili dogs. I know blatantly obvious and totally lacking in creativity, but hey, that’s how I roll.

So, a burger it was. But not just any burger, a cheese burger, and not just any cheese burger, but a feta cheese burger. So there. And by the way, when you read the recipe, you may notice that each burger is 1/2 pound of beef! Yes, a 1/2 pound. That’s also how I roll.

I think the picture sums it up. It was yummy. Oh so yummy. I may have thrown out my jaw trying to open my mouth that wide, but it was worth it.

Feta Cheese Burgers
from
Cuisine at Home Weeknight Grilling

Feta Sauce
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup peperoncini peppers, sliced
2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Burgers
2 pounds ground chuck
salt, pepper, and dried oregano
4 slices red onion (1/4″ thick)

Serve on and with
4 hoagie rolls, toasted
red leaf lettuce
tomato slices
thinly sliced cucumbers

Preheat grill to medium high.

In the food processor, process feta cheese, cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Add the peperoncini, scallions, zest, and the seasonings. Pulse until it’s coarsely chopped.

Shape the ground chuck into 8 (4 oz) portions on wax paper. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Top 4 patties with a slice of the onion. Cover with the remaining 4 patties, seal edges with a fork. Season again. Grill burgers for about 4 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes. Top each burger with about 1/4 cup of the feta cheese sauce and grill for about 2 more minutes. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber.

Regional Recipes

This will be my entry for this month’s Regional Recipes hosted by JS and TS at (EatingClub) Vancouver.

Comments

I did a burger as well and am posting it today! Yours looks serious. I love the feta cheese addition! I like to mix the cheese into the burger and feta is especially good for this because it doesn’t melt as easily as most cheeses.

drool….i love a good burger and looks amazing. Last cook out I did I shoved all the cheese inside the burger so everyone got an amazing shot of cheese. Although lesson learned is mark which burgers have which cheese because sis in-law was not happy that what I thought was a blue cheese burger actually was a habanero cheddar. eek!

Oh man… now THAT has me drooling down my chin and onto my keyboard… I’m gonna have to call the IT Dept to replace it…

Wow, just wow. I’d like to try this in a month or so when the weather warms up. I don’t eat beef so I’ll use ground lean turkey or maybe a veggie patty or salmon patty. God this looks great!

Looks delicious – I LOVE anything with feta, well, cheese in general, but feta in particular. I think I might give it a Kiwi twist and use lamb mince, even though the beef looks terrific.

There’s nothing like a burger to satisfy the heart and soul, and, of course, the tummy. Yours looks terrific (Thor and I are drooling here)!

Oh so yummy – I love feta with my burgers – adding the pepperoncinis is a great idea! Nicely done.

I don’t know how I missed this post! Didn’t see it in my feed reader.

Anyhow, I love the way you roll! Because cheese sauce on a 1/2 burger is awesome! And so over-the-top American.

9. Anonymous says

It was certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.