Pomegranate Margaritas

Pomegranate Margaritas

Earlier this week, I raved about the pomegranate-orange sorbet that I made with my POM Wonderful pomegranate juice. Since, I still had some juice and I needed a Tyler Florence recipe for this week, Tyler’s Pomegranate Margaritas seemed like a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, it was also a no-drinker. This was not very good at all. My husband said that it might be because we had brown tequila instead of white tequila. I don’t know, but the flavors were off. Oh, and the whole part about it being a no-drinker, that was a lie, because, apparently, I will drink all margaritas, bad or not. So, I don’t know what to tell you. It sounded like it should be good, I might try it again with the proper colored tequila.

Pomegranate Margaritas
from Tyler Florence
makes 2 drinks

1/4 cup pomegranate juice (plus seeds for garnish)
1/3 cup Tequila Blanco (about 4 ounces)
1/8 cup Triple Sec (about 1 ounce)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 ounces)
12 ounces ice cubes
margarita salt (optional)

Combine all the ingredients, except the salt and pulse in a blender until frothy and combined. Rim the glasses with salt, drop some seeds in the bottom of the glass (I didn’t) and pour the margarita over the top.

This will be my entry for this week’s Tyler Florence Fridays. I hesitated about posting it, since it wasn’t a winner with me, but I thought maybe someone could let me know if the made it with white tequila and thought it was good.

Comments

That’s too bad about the recipe but it’s definitely a good idea to post it so the rest of us will be forewarned! I’m not really a fan of tequila so I know I wouldn’t like this, but it DOES sound as if the flavors should go together. Strange…

I’m not sure about your recipe, but I have a friend that makes Pom Margaritas and they are so yummy! I don’t have her recipe so I don’t know if it’s different, but when I saw the title of your post, I got thirsty.
    It should be delicious, so I think you should try again with different tequila.

I don’t know if it’s the type of tequila, but a darker tequila will often be more strongly flavored, so that could have something to do with it. It could also be the triple sec with the pomegranate. Two great tastes that might not go so well together, I haven’t tried mixing them.

Either way, now I want a margarita. :)

I am sensing a theme this week – Pomegranates.
    Margaritas…please kindly send a pitcher my way. But now that I have the recipe (thank you), I shall have mine in no time flat. I will grab my neighbor from across the way and share them with her.

THANK YOU!!

I would also drink a bad margarita…it looks wonderful!! Like summer in a glass. I would love to hear if it works better with white tequila…

I love pom margaritas. I suggest you try Hornitos Reposado brand tequila (made by Sauza) in it. You should try tequila, triple sec, lime juice in a 3:2:1 ratio respectively. I pour over ice and stir. Then I add in a splash of pom at the end making it a gorgeous pink beverage!

Let me know if you try it!

It certainly is pretty. I do keep the yellow and silver tequila in the house because of the same reasons. I only like the clear stuff in a mixed drink. However, like you, I will likely drink it anyway!

I like pomegranates themselves but haven’t been too impressed with the drinks, margaritas, or any of that. I am excited to see another drink make TFF and yours looks great :) I hear they taste better the more you drink : ) I’ve been wanting to make the Arnold Palmer drink. I just might do that this week.