Pomegranate-Orange Sorbet

Pomegranate-Orange Sorbet

I know you’ve seen the recipes using POM wonderful popping up all over blogland. And again, I am always one to follow a crowd. Except, my recipe is the best. Just kidding, but I’m sure it’s in the top five.

After receiving my absolutely adorable jars of pomegranate juice, I immediately began searching the web. I know…I know..I have over 100 cookbooks, and still I head for the net. Kinda funny how that works.

When I saw the recipe for Pomegranate-Tangerine Sorbet on Epicurious, I knew I had a winner. Except that I didn’t have any tangerine juice, so I substituted orange juice. Close enough, right? This was so good and so refreshing. And think how good for you it is with all the lovely pomegranate juice and orange juice. I felt virtuous just eating it.

Pomegranate-Orange Sorbet
Adapted from Bon Appetit
6 servings (or less, if I am one of your guests)

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups pure pomegranate juice
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel

Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and cool completely. Whisk in the orange juice, pomegranate juice, and orange peel. Pour into your ice cream maker and process according to instructions.

Garnish with mint sprigs. (I did, isn’t it cute?)

Comments

I search the web all the time too even though I have more than enough cookbooks to go around. I think it’s just easier to find what you’re looking for via google than it is to happen to chance upon the right recipe in the right cookbook especially when you’ve got 100′s.

I love sorbet, if I had an ice cream maker I would be all over this!

So, I guess I’ll be buying an ice cream maker. This is like the second or third fantastic looking sorbet I’ve seen you post! This looks awesome!

I’ve had some pomegranate juice in my pantry for months, waiting for me to get inspired. I think I found just the thing — this sorbet does look perfect. And I love your photo — I always have such a hard time photographing any frozen dessert.

i have to say, yours is one of my faves of all the 1000′s of pom recipes i’ve seen. you’ve even reminded me that i need to use the POM i received. pomegranate orange sorbet must be scratched off the list.

if this is top five out of the 1472 pomegranate recipes i’ve seen, it must be dang good! now that it’s finally getting hot here, i’ve been craving something like this. REFRESHMENT. :)

Garnishing it with a finishing touch is always a nice tough.

Sorbet…again my favorite!! An ice cream maker has just moved it’s way to the front of kitchen wants. :)

I am totally buying an ice cream maker now..like today! This would be perfect tonight since it is like 90 degrees here today!!

I still have my mini POM army in the fridge. I think I have found a mission for a couple of them. In my opinion I would prefer it with the orange over the tangerine too.

9. Pam says

Katherine – it really is so good.

Joanne – I know, it’s much quicker on the net.

Pearl – I know, it is so pretty!

Marjie – or cold days, or any days in between.

Shabby – I would hate to be without my ice cream attachment.

Barbara – let me know if you try it!

Pam – it is so refreshing!

Natashya – sounds good to me.

Noble – it really is.

Lori Lynn – thank you!

Lydia – the secret is the mint leaf. Really, it gave my camera something to focus on.

Never full – let me know if you try it!

E4h – it is!

Grace – of course that’s just my opinion, but I am always right you know.

cagrown- you need one, you really do.

E mama – You absolutely have to have one. I insist.

Jeff – let me know if you like it!

This does look yummy…I’ll try it when Emily gets home from college.
    I’m like you…I collect cookbooks, but still use the internet when I am looking for a recipe!! Take care ~Natalie