Catmint Nepeta – Walker’s Low

Catmint and Roses

If you are not growing Catmint Nepeta – “Walker’s Low” in your garden, you really need to stop and ask yourself, why not??

Catmint and Roses

It was named Perennial of the year in 2007, and with good reason.

Sidewalk Bed

I am seriously telling you, you must go out and get this plant. Do not be like my daughters and wait 5 years after me telling you something, and then you come to me and say “oh, you know Mom, you were right, I should have listened to you.” Don’t be like that, especially the part about calling me Mom, because that would just be weird.

***Edited to add*** This is not catnip! It is a completely different plant. It doesn’t attract cats at all. It’s a wonderful perennial flowering plant.

Comments

ALRIGHT, I will head out and buy it this week…will it attract wayward cats in the neighborhood. I shouldn’t worry – I am the St. Francis of Assisi of the block.

I have 2 indoor cats maybe they will enjoy this as a contained plant.

Twist my arm I will buy two plants and see what transpires. I will not wait 5 years. :)

Do we want to attract cats for my dog to chase? How about Dogmint Nepeta instead? Only kidding, it’s quite pretty.

I have some sort of catmint growing, but it doesn’t look like yours. I love it. And, the deer leave it alone.

It is beautiful! Just beautiful. I will find some this weekend, this is the first I have heard of this plant! I will have to send you photo’s of my Poppies this summer. I feel the same way about them!

i actually had this growing in my flower bed in texas.. oh how your photos make me miss that home & garden! lovely.. and thanks for the giggle ‘mom’..heehee! ;)
    blessings,
    tracie

Oh my gosh, your yard is stunning. STUNNING! This plant is just lovely; I like how it fans out. Sigh. My yard needs so much work. Did you plan out the plants in that area in the last photo? Beautiful!

I have this planted right next to my peonies, and it hides the foliage once the peonies stop blooming. When the peonies are in bloom, they look like they are floating among the spiky-yet-soft-looking Catmint…very lovely.