Southern Reading Challenge

Southern Reading Challenge

You didn’t think I was going to let the summer go by without trying another reading challenge, did you? How about a challenge that just runs over the summer, yep, from May 15 (hey, that’s my birthday) till August 15 (boo, I’ll be back in school) are the dates for the Southern Reading Challenge. Follow that link and read all about it, join me and the 70+ others who are participating. All you have to do is read 3 Southern style books.

Being the overachiever that I am, I plan on reading 6.

1. The Gin Girl by River Jordan.
2. The Sugar Queen (Random House Reader’s Circle) by Sarah Addison Allen.
3. Belle Weather: Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Scattered Hissy Fits by Celia Rivenbark.
4. Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson.
5. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen.
6. The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson.

Comments

Oh my…I think I still have books left from the spring reading challenge. I finished 2 of the 6 books I listed. I started 2 more and I truly think that should count for something.
    Perhaps I’ll join the summer challenge and just tone it down a bit.

I’m in! Mississippi is the state of my birth so I am excited about this challenge. Thanks for the link.

I’m so impressed with how many books you read. Actually, you’ve got me hooked on books on tape! I’d only used them for little kid books before, and after reading your post that mentioned them, I gave them a try! The thing that really stands out in this post to me is that you have to return to school by 8/15!! Gosh that’s early!

Sounds like a fun challenge. I read Garden Spells awhile ago and just finished The Sugar Queen a couple weeks ago–they are both fun summer reads.

This is right up my alley! I love love LOVE reading and I’m currently going to bed every night with Bill Bryson!
    Well, not with Bill himself… but with his books!

I have money left on a couple of Amazon gift vouchers, so I’m going to check these out!

Oh, the books you have picked are wonderful. There are two I have yet to read…I might include them on my list. Thanks for the reading challenge. LOVE IT!!!

Welcome Pam! Thanks for spreading the word and joining us this summer. I willbe giving away prizes every Saturday (currently behind!) and also for reviews and fun contest. Visit often!!!