Easy Tiramisu

tiramisu

Do you have an installed sprinkler system for your yard? This has absolutely nothing to do with this post, I’m just curious. I’m also extremely, extremely jealous of you if you do. I spent three hours this morning watering my flower beds and the yard. Everytime I do it, it’s like I have to reinvent the wheel. I move the sprinklers an inch that way, an inch this way. Some important plant or bed is always getting missed. By 10 am, I am soaked, hot and sweaty, my day might as well be over with, I have had it.

tiramisu

After a morning of wrestling with the sprinklers, I deserve this. An incredibly quick and easy dessert. Hey dessert is not just for after dinner. There is nothing written in the rule books that says you can’t have dessert at 10 AM. I don’t know how authentic this is, but I don’t care, it’s good and it’s easy. It comes from Everyday Food: Great Food Fast and you can also find it here.

Easy Tiramisu
Serves 6

3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting

1.In a medium bowl, mix espresso powder with 3 tablespoons boiling water until the espressor powder is dissolved. Add 1 1/2 cups cold water; set aside.

2.With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.

3.Spread a few tablespoons of cream-cheese mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart serving dish. Separate ladyfingers. One by one, dip a third of ladyfingers in espresso, then arrange in bottom of dish. Spread with a third of cream-cheese mixture. Repeat twice with remaining ladyfingers, espresso, and cream-cheese mixture (can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day).

4.Dust with cocoa just before serving.

Comments

We had sprinklers installed not once but twice BUT the contractors that did so FAILED to use PVC piping…just let the wires dug a few inches under the grass where the youngest dog promptly dug them up. This will be one of my famous family projects using PVC piping. Now I take the hose out and water the soil and forget about it until my husband politely reminds me the water is on.

Love the dessert!!!

We do NOT have a sprinkler but it has been raining here so much that it doesn’t matter. We used to have this strip of grass on the side of our house and my dad would make my brother and I water it each day. We had to do like fifty strokes of watering before we could move over to the next patch. Not fun.

But it would have been much MORE fun if this tiramisu had been our reward at the end. Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts and I’ll take any recipe that isn’t ridiculously time consuming!

I have the same sprinkler problem… NOT fun! I feel you pain, haha!

This looks great, I will definitely be trying it out soon! Thanks for sharing! :)

Yard’s too big for sprinklers. Plants simply survive or not. The little boys water the veggies. Our yard was a cow pasture for 150 years, so there’s plenty of fertilizer in the soil, and so even in the dry days of August we’re green.

Love this dessert; I’ll have to try it!

I guess that is one good thing about having the world’s smallest house and yard. Not too much ground to cover.
    Love the tiramisu, so tasty.

I’ve never had tiramisu.. It looks amazing.. I do not have a sprinker system, but here in northwest Oregon, most of my friends, and myself tend to let the grass go brown, dormant if you will during the fairly short dry season (absolutely shocked a mid westerner that had moved here) and we know that the grass will come back strong after the first few days of rain in the fall. I just hand water the little garden. (sacreligious? maybe.)

i don’t even have a yard…do i still deserve this? i don’t care, i’ll eat it whether i’ve earned it or not. :)

My belief is that people deserve dessert because they want it, so why not for the sprinklers.

As to sprinklers, we live in the country and never water the grass.

Nope, we don’t have one, but every single one of our neighbors do! Of course, our next door neighbor’s sprung a leak last year and flooded part of our yard. Ugh. Anyway, it rains here for 9 months and then is Tarzan hot for 3 during which time everyone is on water rationing. Crazy stuff.

Anywhoooo … I absolutely agree that you deserved this dessert. I think I should have tiramisu because I, um, despite the heat, did laundry today. :-)

that dessert looks YUMMY cant wait to make it..

We just sold our house in South Carolina in April and it had a system in the front and back yard and it was hooked up to a well so bonus of no high water bills. When we buy again that is one thing I will look for in a home..

Have you tried using those soaker hoses they have the ones that lay flat.
    Take Care

I have sprinklers in a big yard, but I don’t use them because we have a water shortage in Southern Cal. I have a large crunchy dry-weed lawn, but the roses get watered and they’re gorgeous.

We have sprinklers installed in our lawn and a drip system is the beds. Let me just say: I DESPISE drips systems!! The hose still needs to be dragged out in order to properly water all the flower beds (which go ALL they way around the house). Okay, I’m over it now.

No sprinkler system, but then, with the constant rain nearly every day here this month, it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Sigh. If anything, there is too much water. But then again, I have a fairly small space, so handwatering is not a big chore. Your dessert is a great reward after that experience!

My husband has now promised me a back massage thanks to your dessert.

I think I might owe you my second born or something.