Since I love to cook, I don't eat out very often. But when I do eat out, Carrabba's is always one of my top choices. So, when I was contacted and asked if I would help publisize their upcoming charity event, I didn't even have to think twice. Then I said, "But what's in it for my peeps, besides the whole feel good about yourself thing and the cocktail and the sampling of four menu items?" and they said "well, how about the recipes for the cocktails and a recipe for Chicken Parmesan Piccolinos?" and I said "sold!" **Not really, I pretty much said okay right from the start, I'm pretty easy going that way.
Carrabba’s Italian Grill “Mix it up for MDA” Event
What: “Mix it Up for MDA” Event, a fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association
When: Thursday, July 30thfrom 5 p.m. to close
Cost: $15 a person
Admission includes a sampling of four food items from the new Mr. C’s Bar Menu and, for guests 21 years and older, one of three signature cocktails (Blackberry Lemonade, the Italian Lemon Drop or Blackberry Fields Martini) or another drink on the Mr. C’s list. In addition to monies raised from event admission, Carrabba’s also will donate $1 to MDA for each of the three signature drinks sold from July 30 – August 6.
Where: To find Carrabba’s locations near you, click here.
Chicken Parmesan Piccolinos
8 oz breast split Chicken breast, pounded thin (1/4 inch)
* Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
1 Beaten egg
2 Cups Seasoned breadcrumbs
2 oz Olive oil
4 oz Hot pomodoro sauce
1 oz Grated romano cheese
2 slices Mozzarella
4 slices Italian mini sandwich bread
1. Season chicken on both sides with the kosher salt and black pepper. Dip chicken breast into beaten egg and then coat with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
2. Heat olive oil, medium heat in a Teflon-coated skillet. Make sure the oil is hot before placing breaded chicken into the pan otherwise breading will absorb oil and not brown properly. Sauté chicken breast on both sides until golden brown.
3. Place chicken on a baking pan. Spread the pomodoro sauce evenly over the chicken and sprinkle with romano cheese, and top with mozzarella.
4. Melt cheese under broiler until lightly browned.
5. Cut to size and serve on Italian mini sandwich bread.
And, the lovely Andrew, my new best friend at Carraba's sent me the links for some youtube videos, where you can watch master mixologist Charlotte Voisey, mix up the new cocktails. I want to be a master mixologist.
Doesn't that sound like fun!!