WHB – Herbed Potato Salad

Herbed Potato Salad

So, I had some potatoes. And an herb garden. And my brain. And my brain thought, you know, I don’t need a book to tell me how to make a simple potato salad. Cause if it’s one thing my brain is good at it, it’s simple.

So, I boiled the potatoes, added some herbs and some mayo, and called it potato salad. Simple and good. Hard to photo though, cause my mayo is some sort of fancy schmancy organic kind that is not very creamy. So, rather than coating everything nicely, it kind of clumped.

Herbed Potato Salad
from Pam’s brain

2 lbs potatoes
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup garlic chives, finely chopped
1/4 cup tarragon, finely chopped
mayo to moisten
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper

Place the potatoes in a saucepan and fill with cool water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a knife.

Drain and place warmed potatoes in a large bowl, sprinkle with herbs and salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Inhale the herby aroma as the heat from the potatoes releases the herbs fragrance. Stir in mayo, enough to moisten. Retaste and add salt and pepper if necessary.

This will be my entry for this week’s Weekend Herb Blogging, hosted by Marija from Palachinka.

Comments

I’ve been buying Yukon Golds, and redskin potatoes lately.. haven’t had a russet or a Michigan white in a year, I bet! Sounds like a straight forward recipe!

Try making mayo like I do. Your kitchenaid is perfect for it. Eggs, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, pepper, end of story. Then your potato salad will be not lumpy, and pretty as well as tasty!

Pam’s Brain Potato Salad looks luscious to me! You know, I keep saying that I’ve got to try tarragon again. Now I need my brain to remember to actually do it!

I have yet to find a potato salad recipe that wows me – I find most of them really bland. BUT, I love the herbs you used, Pam. I bet this was good. Maybe I could add a little mustard, too for a tangy factor?

and p.s. doesn’t look clumpy to me.

ah, a recipe from the deep recesses of pam’s brain–love it. although i have no idea what tarragon tastes like, i think the blend of herbs would be just jim-dandy.

I love, love, love potato salad and I think tarragon takes anything to a greater height. I could eat this whole bowl of potato salad by myself, but don’t tell on me when it mysteriously disappears.
    Sam

Actually I think that looks pretty damn photogenic. Way more so than any potato salad I’ve ever come up with. And if it tastes as good as it looks, then it must be delicious!

Actually, I think you’ve done a great job photographing the salad. Looks really really delicious!

Thanks for sending it to WHB! :)