Garden Tuesday – Property Line

Sometimes it’s hard to know just where the property line is between our house and our neighbors.

line

Other times, not so difficult.

Comments

I’m willing to bet that yours is the side that is free of leaves? My poor yard is full of leaves. Husband travels a lot and every time I go out there to rake my 2 year old insists on playing in the street!

Hi Pam, We have one neighbor below us (on the back side) who uses his house as a ‘rental’ —so it’s empty most of the time. The owner ‘hires’ someone to do the yard work —and that person does a very poor job of everything. They only get the leaves up once during this season—and haven’t touched them yet. The yard looks horrible. Drives us crazy because even when they do them, they don’t do it well… That house/yard is an eye-sore to say the least.

Have a great Thanksgiving. We are headed out of town to do some hiking–after a big turkey dinner.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

LOL! CAn’t wait to show this to Husband. It looks like WE live next door. We’re the ones buried under leaves, even though we have a dozen bags collected already.

If the raked, brilliant green side is yours, can we assume your husband is a grass man?

Couldn’t be clearer. Hilarious ;-)

When the first leaf drops, our neighbour jumps into action, gets out his very loud leafblower and starts blowing 9 to 5. For weeks!

We rake. Endlessly. And then some more.

5. Pam says

People, please, do you really think mine is the clear side?

While I think the whole idea of raking leaves is all romantic and homey, the actual execution of it, is another story.

The key is to recognize, as you obviously do, that leaves are mulch, and protect your grass from the over winter. Also, it’s excellent if you let the leaves blow into the garden and add to your garden soil.
    It’s all in the perspective. Nature wants the leaves on the ground for a reason, not in garbage bags.

You make me laugh!

I’ve been reading you for a while and am giving you a blog award. Come check my site if you are interested. No big deal if you’re not. Just want you to know i enjoy your writing.

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

I’ve always wondered what that’slike – in Australia every house has to have a fence going around the border of your house, the only thing that can cause an argument is the upkeep of the fence