Pimping my Blackberry

Last week, I hurt my back. No, not picking up heavy boxes. No, not shoveling snow. I was sitting in my car in the driver’s seat, and reached around to the back seat to get my purse, when I felt a twang. Seriously, it was a twang. I might have even heard it twang, but that could have been the blood rushing up to my brain to help it register the immediate pain.

This was after my trip to the grocery store, which means that I still had to get out of the car, get the groceries out of the back of the car and up the stairs to my kitchen. To add insult to injury, my next door neighbor had some construction, roofer type guys up on his roof, which is about 10 feet from our driveway. So, they were looking right down at me. Now, even though I’m old, I still don’t mind being admired by some constructiony type guys, even if it is only for them to think, “she looks good…for her age.”

So, I get out of the car and try to straighten up. To try and walk like someone who might draw an admiring (again…good for my age) glance. But instead I am walking like Ruth Buzzi did on Laugh-In when she did her old lady character.

So, what does this have to do with my Blackberry? Well, I spent the rest of the day on the couch, playing with my Blackberry (and no, that is not a euphemism). A few bucks later, I have a cute Christmas theme, and some nice apps to keep me organized. Isn’t it cute??? I love the color scheme. I got this theme at Blackberry Boutique***. I know it seems silly to spend money to make my screens cute, but I figure I spend a whole lot of time looking at that Blackberry, might as well enjoy it.
***Edited to add that they have made big changes to this theme. It no longer looks like it does here. Be sure and check out all of the screen displays because it is very different.

This is it people, the last day of the Cutest Senior Cat contest on Facebook. Smudge would like to ask you to please be so kind and vote for him. It is a really tight race, and he needs a nice big showing here at the end! He promises to not let the fame change him.

Vote for Smudge

Smudge says thank you!

Comments

I’m so sorry to hear about your back! Injuries really suck.

At least you got a cute background out of it! I have a blackberry and haven’t really gotten around to decorating it with goodies yet. Maybe over winter break…

What I’ve learned many times over: never bend and twist. Ever.
    I love the look of your blackberry! What a difference a little decor update can do for your daily routine. I figure if you have to look at it, it may as well make you happy, right?

Ouch! And, right before Christmas! We have two weeks off, how about you?

I love your Blackberry and have been considering a change from my Palm phone. Now I really am thinking about it, if for nothing else, the cute background!

Pam, I sure hope your back is feeling better. Can’t be out of commission around the holidays. I love the phone. Mine is so old that I don’t think they make them anymore. LOL Have a lovely holiday season my friend. Oh yeah, Smudge is sooo cute!

Hee hee. Love this post, Pam. You’re always a sure fire way to put a smile on my face when the day had no such intentions.

I do not have a Blackberry (or other smart phone) because we can’t afford the monthly fees. But some day! And I hope to spend money on fun, useless apps, as well.

On another note…I do recall your “hair gel on boob” post and I remember thinking you sure as heck didn’t look old at all. I’m certain the workers did a double glance, hunched over and all.

ohman I had a back injury in September. I spent alot of time on the computer. I really appreciate the blackberry website. Can’t wait to spend a few bucks for a background!

I’m with Amy, I remember that picture too, and you look nothing like someone that would prompt a “good for her age” thought, more like “she’s what age? no way!” thought.. so there. Sorry about your back, that is a rotten thing, but the blackberry is very cute!

Sorry about your back, Pam. Hope you feel better soon. That is NO FUN this time of year (or anytime).

My best friend has a Blackberry and cannot live without it. I enjoy my little Verizon phone—especially the texting. How did I go for so long without texting?????

Get well, Pam.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

9. Pam says

Joanne – be careful, I’m afraid it’s addicting. I already have my next theme picked out.

Year – see my note to Joanne above!

Shabby – yeah, that’s my mantra now too.

Cate – I know, it’s so cute!

Terri – I love my Blackberry. Seriously, I can’t live without it.

Buffalo – it kind of clashes with the pine tree sent of our tree.

Teresa – thanks, it’s better already. Happy holidays to you too!

Amy – thanks for the nice comments about my age. You are my new BFF.

Lee Ann – bucks for backgrounds – that’s my new motto.

Kim – it’s better already.

Chelle – you and Amy, my two new BFF’s.

Ah, euphemism. I recall a report I read at our jail. A junk yard cat (we resided next to the county dump) was struck by a dump vehicle. One of our inmate workers extracted the injured cat from a culvert. The inmate was injured during the rescue.

The cat went to the vet (at tax payers expense) and the inmate went to the doctor (at tax payer expense).

The report stated that the cat was subsequently euphemised. I think that this was a wrong word choice, but it was reviewed by a sergeant and a lieutenant. I am probably wrong.

I think the inmate survived, but I suspect he was reduced to a metaphor. Probably something like a simile.

Mike

11. wyo says

I had a similar back injury once. I sneezed, and my back SEIZED. Very uncool. Hope you are feeling much better soon, and in the meantime, you do have a beautiful Blackberry! ;)

Sorry to hear about your back but thanks for letting us laugh at….errr….share your misery;)

Hope you are feeling much better!