Shiitake Mushroom Pizza

If yesterday’s Pizza Dough post didn’t make you run right out and buy Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois, well then, maybe this will. I’m back to show you again, just what you can do with this dough. Well, this dough, and a recipe for an excellent pizza from Martha.

In case you think that the author’s are paying me to keep plugging them, don’t be silly. The only thing I get paid to do is try and get a bunch of special 8th graders to pass all their subjects and move on to high school. Now, if you do click on that link above, yes, I will get a few coins from Amazon. Emphasis on coins, since for the month of December, I have earned a whopping $1.92 so far.

So, anyway, with my newfound readily accessible pizza dough, I am collecting pizza recipes. My latest is the Shiitake Mushroom Pizza from Martha. This was so good. The shiitake mushrooms added a more unusual mushroom flavor for the pizza, and the combination of the ricotta and mozzarella cheese was just right. I didn’t have fresh mozzarella – just some shredded stuff and it was still good. I’m not going to post the recipe, I’ll let you follow the link to Martha. She even has a video!

Comments

We seem to have a horrible time getting the pizza off of the pizza paddle, into the oven, no matter how much cornmeal we put on the bottom.
    Is that a problem for you? I swore that after all of the F bombs that fell in the kitchen last time we tried making our own pizza dough, we’d stick with Boboli. But I’d love to try this.

I got my honey this book for Christmas! In 15 years the man has never cooked and all of a sudden he’s making bread..ya just never know!

Shabby girl, maybe try parchment paper under the pizza? We just slide the parchment right onto the pizza stone and so far *knock on wood* we’ve had no issues getting it into and out of the oven. :o)

Pizza, that is what I will make for my dinner tonight. It is raining cats and dogs and I don’t have much in the pantry. I’m sure that some reconstituted mushrooms would work – that is what I was fed in Florence! I never thought to use ricotta. I have a little in the freezer so I can use that up. Thanks, Pam!

i think one of my favorite things about your pizzas is the random blob of a shape they turn out to form. perfect circles are useless to me at this point. :)

Stopping by from Food-with-Style after seeing your delicious-looking pizza.
    I bought the book about a year ago and still haven’t made anything! But you’ve inspired me to get started soon.
    Also, thanks for all the good book ideas.
    Happy holidays!

Had the family over on Sunday and used the pizza dough recipe. Rolled out personal pizzas for everyone and had a kinds of ingredients around the table to put on them. A very fun Sunday lunch and afternoon activity. Thanks for the recipe!