This is my annual wrap up post of books read for the year. I do this every year, and then start a clean fresh column of books read. I move this list over into the section marked "my favorite pastime", so you can find my books read by the year. It's hard to believe, I've been doing this for 3 years! I think that this year, I will put my rating by the link, because there really is no way to tell if I liked a book or struggled to find the will to finish it!
1. Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcom Gladwell.
2. She's Not There: A Poppy Rice Novel by Mary-Ann Tirone Smith.
3. Salvation on Sand Mountain: Snake-Handling and Redemption in Southern Appalachia by Dennis Covington.
4. The Likeness: A Novel by Tana French.
5. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen.
6. Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen.
7. Innocence by Kathleen Tessaro.
8. Toast by Nigel Slater.
9. Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell.
10. When Will There Be Good News?: A Novelby Kate Atkinson.
11. The Annunciation of Francesca Dunn: A Novel (P.S.)by Janis Hallowell.
12. Paperback Originalby Will Rhode.
13. Serena: A Novelby Ron Rash.
14. Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foodsby Nina Planck.
15. Heartsickby Chelsea Cain.
16. The Good Guyby Dean Koontz.
17. The Thing About Life Is That One Day You'll Be Deadby David Shields.
18. The Poisonwood Bible: A Novel (P.S.)by Barbara Kingsolver.
19. The Legs Are the Last to Go: Aging, Acting, Marrying, and Other Things I Learned the Hard Wayby Diahann Carroll.
20. The Embracerby Gary Wolf.
21. Red House: Being a Mostly Accurate Account of New England's Oldest Continuously Lived-in Houseby Sarah Messer.
22. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pieby Alan Bradley.
23. The Gin Girlby River Jordan.
24. Between, Georgiaby Joshilyn Jackson.
25. The Monster of Florenceby Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi.
26. The Girl Who Stopped Swimmingby Joshilyn Jackson.
27. The School of Essential Ingredientsby Erica Baurmeister.
28. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulaneby Kate DiCamillo.
29. Columbineby Dave Cullen.
30. Belle Weather: Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Scattered Hissy Fitsby Celia Rivenbark.
31. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennoxby Maggie O'Farrell.
32. What the Dead Know: A Novelby Laura Lippman.
33. Garden Spells (Bantam Discovery)by Sarah Addison Allen.
34. Wishful Drinkingby Carrie Fisher.
35. The Spellman Files: A Novelby Lisa Lutz.
36. Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip--Confessions of a Cynical Waiterby Steve Dublanica.
37. The Beekeeper's Apprentice: Or On the Segregation of the Queen/A Novel of Suspense Featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmesby Laurie R. King.
38. My Latest Grievanceby Elinor Lippman.
39. The Last Chinese Chef: A Novelby Nicole Mones.
40. Confections of a Closet Master Baker: One Woman's Sweet Journey from Unhappy Hollywood Executive to Contented Country Bakerby Gesine Bullock-Prado.
41. Azincourtby Bernard Cornwell.
42. Courting Troubleby Lisa Scottoline.
43. The Art of Racing in the Rain: A Novelby Garth Stein.
44. I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghettiby Giulia Melucci.
45. The Wordy Shipmatesby Sarah Vowell.
46. When You Are Engulfed in Flamesby David Sedaris.
47. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel (P.S.)by David Wroblewski.
48. Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffinby Kathy Griffin.
49. The Weight of Silenceby Heather Gudenkauf.
50. A Girl Named Zippy: Growing Up Small in Mooreland, Indianaby Haven Kimmel.
51. Straight Man: A Novelby Richard Russo.
52. I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max.
53. A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Tableby Molly Wizenberg.
54. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Vintage)by Stieg Larsson.
55. Chocolate, Please: My Adventures in Food, Fat, and Freaksby Lisa Lampanelli.
56. A Woman of Independent Meansby Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey.
57. No One Heard Her Screamby Jordan Dane.
58. The Sugar Queen (Random House Reader's Circle)by Sarah Addison Allen.
59. The Helpby Kathryn Stockett.