Cricket – Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea

Green Tea

Does your grocery store have that little clearance section? You know where the day-old bread and various other sundries end up.  Isn’t that funny how words pop up into your head?  Take sundries for example.  That fits perfectly in the above sentence, but I have absolutely no idea what it means.  It’s one thing to sound intelligent, it’s a whole different ball game to actually be intelligent.

Anyway, my store (which is a fancy healthfood store), has a section.  I pour over it every week deciding which item I simply must have, because it’s on sale.  Above it this week’s must-have item.  Hey, it was regularly $4.49 for a four pack, marked down to $3.49.  That’s less than a dollar a bottle.  It was pretty good too.  Not too sweet, plus it has 32 mg EGCG.  Whatever that is.

Check out my Sidewalk Shoes 365, I posted the lid to the bottle.

Comments

Pam… I like the way you shop!

I Googled “EGCG” and here is part of what I found ~ “Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) is the major catechin in green tea. This polyphenol and related catechins are important for the health benefits of green tea…”

Now the element: Catechins ~ when combined with habitual exercise, have been shown to delay some forms of aging.

So, it sounds like something we all should be drinking…

My Kroger has a clearance section that doesn’t sound anything like your store. It’s basically a bunch of clearance items thrown into a grocery cart, real sophisticated; D The tea sounds great.

Yes my stores have a grocery cart with clearance items on it too. Also another one of my stores has a rack in back with clearance bakery and other items. That tea sounds good. I’ll have to check the rack for some bargains myself.

I have to show up at work to go to the fancy health food grocery store in Knox Vegas, but in Seymour, the Kroger usually has a 10 for $10.00 bin does that count?

Seriously, good find…You shop like I do…justifying your purchases.

Sundries are various small everyday items.

sounds like quite a find… now..
    Sundry means various. It is a synonym so when people say “various and sundry” they are really saying, “various and various” or “sundry and sundry” whichever!

That’s how I choose wine. Not the one that’s the cheapest, but the one that has the most off the regular price–within reason, I mean. My logic is that I probably would never buy it otherwise.. . like you and Cricket.

Looks like you got a good deal on a good for you drink ( I read George’s comment)…
    We definitely have a clearance section but, it’s not selling good for you healthy items :-)

Tragically there is no sale bin at my grocery store. Here on the Upper East Side, we like to pay full price for everything. Apparently. (i.e. Frustratingly). Seems like a good buy though!

Hi Pam, My hubby orders green tea online (SpecialTeas)–and we get some great fruity flavors.. We drink our tea hot–but they do have fruity green teas which can be drunk cold.

Hugs,