Lightweight or a Cheap Date

To say that alcohol relaxes me is an understatement.  Alcohol puts me to sleep.  Literally.  One beer, one glass of wine, and I am ready for a nice long nap.

When I go to parties I have to alternate a glass of wine with a bottle of water, otherwise, I end up napping in their guestroom.  The Southern Brewer’s festival that is in town here each summer is out of the question.  Beer + Sun + Hot Day = big time sleep for me.

Still, I like wine and beer and gin and tonics and margaritas.  I just make all of mine weak.  So, on Saturday nights, when my husband makes some margaritas, mine are half strength, even sort of a quarter strength.  But guess what happened the other night??  Well, apparently there was football on the tv, while he was making my margarita, and he became distracted.  And apparently I drank real grown-up people margaritas.  When the room started spinning, he admitted to the football watching.  So, I told him I was going upstairs to bed.  I didn’t quite make it.  When he came up from the basement computer room, this is what he found on the couch.

Yes, that’s Patchouli making a rare weekday appearance on the blog!

Comments

Awww, you both look so sweet. I know what you mean. I too have difficulties in the alcohol department. The only difference between you and me is… I have my dog curled up behind my knees and my cat curled up in my arms! ;-)

That is so stinking cute! a-dor-a-ble! I was never a drinker, I always went from the drinking part to the puking part.. nothing in between. I had a doctor comment when I told her that, “Well, that means you’re allergic to alcohol” Who knew you could be? Sleeping is better..

aw. nice :)

My husband always say’s I’m the cheapest date around as well. Since the pregnancy I just can’t drink like I use too.

Also I LOVE Saturday being margarita night… I might have to propose this to the husband.

Yes I can relate to the alcohol putting you to sleep-I take it one step further-I enjoy it so infrequently that on one glass I can go from enjoying it to feeling drunk to feeling drunk in under an hour. Last time I had alcohol was one chocolate martini-we were with friends and within an hour-I felt hung over in a bad way (PS my husband shared it with me).

I said no more I hated the way I felt.

what a cute pic, i love how you are sharing the good stuff! non drinker here too, looped on a few sips, sick as dog if i manage to attempt a second drink… at least you are a peaceful drunk~

Funny Pam… I am the same way. I don’t drink much at all–but when I do, I’m always ready to sleep.. One time, when I was a much younger adult, my first hubby and I had a vacation at a beach motel.. It was one of the first time we had been able to get away from the kids for a night. We got some Whiskey Sours and enjoyed them tremendously… The first thing I knew –it was morning and the vacation was over. We had slept through the entire thing…. ha ha

Hugs,
    Betsy

Such a sweet photo. I’m the same way, a glass of wine, liquor, or beer makes me lazy and tired. That is not the way it was years ago, I might add ;)
    Now I just like to have an occassional sip or two, but that is about all.
    Maureen

And the moral of this story is….stay away from real big-girl beverages, unless you have a cute kittycat to snuggle up with.

So Sweet. I always tell my daughter to watch her drink, you never know what someone might slip into it. You might want to take the same advice!
    Mimi

Hee hee. I’m not a drinker, but I do remember in college (a loooong time ago) that one little wine cooler would make me dizzy and say stupid things.

Animals always make the best pillows.

You and Alexis are two peas in a pod. One drink at a restaurant and I have to worry about carrying her out!

Such a cute picture:)

Adorable! I am kind of the same way. I have a threshold. Too little alcohol and I fall asleep. Too much and I am awake until all hours of the night. It’s a tricky thing.

Trackbacks

1. […] But it’s all done, and Patchouli is celebrating both the floors and the me and hubby’s 23 wedding anniversary!  Yep!  It’s just me and the kitty cats because hubby went to a beer festival, which some of you may remember I can’t attend because  alcohol makes me sleepy. […]