Foodie Friday – Hunan Lamb Chops

Hunan Lamb Chops

What’s that movie where they say, “Toga!” “Toga!” “Toga!”?  Is that Animal House?  Anyway, sometimes when I say Friday, I say it like above as in “Friday! Friday Friday!” I also do that sometimes for yoga, “Yoga!” “Yoga!” “Yoga!”, which totally goes against the whole relaxing yoga feel.  Sorry…off on major tangent there.

Back to Friday.  Back to Foodie Friday to be exact.  And back to my standard mantra, quick and easy.  I found a recipe for Hunan Lamb Chops while browsing through:

The Bon Appetit Cookbook: Fast Easy Fresh

And before you say anything…like “Gosh Pam, you reference this cookbook at least once a week!”  Yes, I do.  It has over 1,100 quick and easy recipes, and I spend countless hours sitting on my couch paging through it while Jack on 24 gets beat up and tortured and comes out without a scratch on him.

Hunan Lamb Chops

Again, this recipe did not disappoint.  Insanely easy.  Really good.  I pan fried mine instead of grilling them, and I wish that I would have drizzled a little of the marinade over them as they cooked to not let any of it go to waste.

Hunan Lamb Chops (can also be found here)

• 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons dry Sherry
  • 2 teaspoons chili oil
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
  • 8 1/2-inch-thick shoulder lamb chops (about 2 pounds total)

Prepare barbecue (high heat). Whisk hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Sherry, chili oil, rice vinegar, and finely chopped garlic to blend in shallow dish; mix in 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions. Add lamb and turn to coat. Let marinate 20 minutes.

Brush grill rack with oil. Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Place 2 lamb chops on each plate. Sprinkle lamb with remaining green onions and serve.

(I sautéed them in a frying pan over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes per side).

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday!  Be sure and click on the picture and follow the link, there are always lots of wonderful entries.  Seriously, I try to get there first thing Friday morning, and I’m usually number 70 or something like that!

Comments

These look so yummy! We grill several times a week in the spring and summer. I love it, cause I usually get everything ready and hubby takes over when he gets home from work…plus there are very few pots and pans to wash!

Have a fabulous Friday ~Natalie

you are so funny …^^ (I shd stop commenting with that phrase each time) but u are!

the lamb chop sounds terribly easy and looks terribly good….i have all the ingredients ..ill try!

Here’s another one who thought you were making “Human Lamb Chops”! And I wondered why anyone would make kittycat lamb chops, especially that big! Wonderful Foodie Friday entry.

I’m sure when school is out today–I’ll hear you cheering –all the way up here!!!!! ha

The weather is marvelous today… Hope you can enjoy some of it…

Great recipe. Thanks.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

*laughing* I first read it the same way as Natashya KitchenPuppies did!
    It sounds delish… and may just make a believer (in lamb) out of me. You would think living in the “Land of Lamb” (Oz), I would make more of an effort, but somehow I can’t get past this whole “Sheri and Lambchop” thing I’ve always had.
    Maybe… just maybe…. ;-)

Gee, I was going to say just what Lydia said! I am seriously drooling here. Need to get some lamb chops from Costco!

Oh goodness, I’m abstaining from lamb until Easter and you’re not making it any easier. Finger lickin’ good I assume?

I wish lamb weren’t so darned expensive! this sounds so mouth watering good I almost want to go back to the grocery store (and it’s Friday evening.. yikes!) I think I might need to check out that cook book!!

food fight! ramming speed! toga toga! great movie. :)
    i’d eat these chops. i’d eat ‘em even though i can look out my window and see lambs frolicking in the fields. :)

Well you know how I feel about Bon Appetit F/E/F. And lamb. How I love lamb. I obviously need to try this recipe.

I tried to watch this season of 24 and just wasn’t enraptured by it. And to think I used to be pretty sure that Jack was my soulmate. Sigh.

im not sure if I’ve ever had a lamb chop…if I did, it was ages ago but I do know that I’ve never made one. This looks wonderful!
    Oh..btw…yes, it was animal house

It’s very impressive that you reference John Belushi and Animal House, with Kiefer Sutherland and “24”… And it gives me a chance to namedrop, Steven Furst, Flounder from Animal House attended my wedding,

And I love lamb chops, sadly my wife does not, so I only rarely get to make these

You mean I’m not the only one reading cookbooks on the couch;D The chops look delicious, look the hunan sauce.

I don’t have that cookbook, but I’m putting it on my list, along with your recipe. The sauce is the perfect compliment to lamb. I put up the Foodie Friday Mr. Linky every Thursday night, usually at 8 PM central time.
    Thanks for adding your wonderful photos to the FF gallery!!

I’m not a big fan of lamb chops, but I think this could possibly work for pork chops. I’ll let ya know. :)