Foodie Friday – Pina Colada Sherbet

Pina Colada Sherbet

Do you remember that old commercial…”Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful”?  Well, I feel like saying, “don’t hate me because I win stuff”.  Yep, besides the chocolate last week, guess what else I won?  A  Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream MakerYep!  I won an ice cream maker!  When the lovely Michael Lee West at Designs by Gollum had a Foodie Friday photo contest, I entered, and I won!!!!  (Note…does anyone else find it disturbing that I used the word “Yep” twice in this short paragraph?  I’m not sure what that says about me.)

So anyway, true confession time.  I have the Kitchen Aide Ice Cream attachment and thought that I would give this ice cream maker to my daughter, being a loving and generous mom.  But then I saw it.  Sorry sweetie, but besides being a loving and generous mom, I also am a complete lover of all totally beautiful and cool looking kitchen appliances.  Seriously, it is a beautiful piece of work!  And besides I really didn’t like running my Kitchen Aide mixer for 30 minutes every time I made ice cream in the summer, which is a lot.  Because, who knows, one of these days, I might actually bake something.

Gorgeous!

With new, gorgeous ice cream maker sitting proudly on my counter top, I headed straight for David.  You know, David of  Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, and Sweet AccompanimentsSince also sitting on my counter was a fresh pineapple, what I found was Pina Colada Sherbet.  I don’t need to tell you it was amazing.  I do need to tell you that I added 2 tablespoons of rum instead of 1, because it sounded like a darn good idea to me.

Pina Colada Sherbet

• 1 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut into chunks (about 4 cups)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 T. dark rum (or maybe 2)
  • 1 t. freshly squeezed lime juice

Puree all the ingredients in the blender.  Chill the mixture thoroughly and then process in your ice cream maker as per directions.

Serve it in a fancy glass, sit on your back porch, and pretend you are in the islands.

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

You are lucky! I never win anything! I’ve been thinking about getting the ice cream attachment for my kitchen aid. Do you like yours or do you think the free standing ice cream makers are better?

This looks delicious!

I’ve been out of town, so I had some catching up to do on your blog. I wish you all the best and will send positive waves your way about the boobs. I love this photo of the sherbet, and what a nice prize! Maybe your luck at winning things will swing over to the boobs.

yep, luck is on your side, pam! i’d keep it for myself, too. yep, you broke it in quite nicely with this sherbet. yep. :)

And make sure when you serve it in the pretty glass that there are pretty bright pink flowers in the background. Yep.

I never win anything. I am jealous. I don’t even try any more.

Congrats Pam! Maybe you should go play the lottery or something;D Seems like you’re on a roll.
    You ice cream machine looks sleek and shiny and just plain lovely. I wish you many tasty tubs of frozen delights.
    I’m guessing the pina colada sherbet was fantastic. Sounds like it could be a wonderful palate cleanser.

Hi Pam…I have this machine too and I really love it. Congrats on winning yours! Thanks for the recipe…I will have to try it.

Take care,
    Hugs, Nancy

7. Pam says

La table – thank you!

Julie – I did love my attachment, but honestly this free standing one did much better. I think because the freezer bowl is more encased.

Kat – thank you! I am hoping that my current string of good luck transfers to my boobs.

JC – I highly recommend it!

I hate you! And I saw yup all of the time, except I spell it yup. What does that say about me! All kidding aside, you are going to love having that ice cream maker. I make home made all the time and there is just no comparison. Thanks for this great recipe. I’ll be trying this soon (if it ever stops snowing in Denver)

No you didn’t.

Congratulations! I had one of these in my former life two years ago. I think you’ll love it. Can’t wait to see what all you make.

Congratulations Pam!

That is such a gorgeous photo, you definitely deserved to win the contest.

This recipe looks great (yay for the 2 Tablespoons of rum.) :D

Many happy and delicious ice cream/sorbet and frozen desserts are in your future, I’m sure! I feel lucky to be here waiting to see what you’ll make next… thank you for the inspiration!

xo

Well done on the winning streak, and an ice cream maker as the prize! I am sure your freezer will be stocked to the brim with ice cream now – and great recipe to start with

Yep! ;-) You are lucky and that is a good thing! That is a beautiful ice cream maker and the sherbet looks delicious. I may have to make ice cream this weekend now. ;-)

This is the ice cream maker that I got for my birthday! Congrats. I have a question about it. Did you have to chill the sherbet after it made its rounds through the ice cream maker? I tried to make ice cream a few weeks back and it came out WAY too soft for eating initially. Just wondering if it’s something I’m doing wrong…

Love teh pina colada idea!

How lucky indeed. I am in the same boat… kitchenaid attachment. Honestly, it’s the only thing I don’t like about the machine… I think it’s a pain and comes off the spindle if you don’t do things just right… I’ve had my eyes on this machine for a long time. You did it proud with its first launch..my that ice cream sounds awesome!

So, does the alcohol in the rum freeze out of it like they say it does when you use wine in cooking? ;) I have won games at baby and wedding showers, but never got a prize as fine as an ice cream maker! Congratulations on winning again! “yep yep yep!” (I know how you like to quote lines from movies. That’s a quote from “The Land Before Time” just in case you’re not familiar with it.) :)