Garden Tuesday – When Life Gives You Lemons

No, it’s not a lemon tree.

Look at the shape of the leaves.

Let me begin by saying that I don’t recommend this method.  That I hope and pray that you never have the opportunity to use it.  But it worked for me.

2008 – ask Hubby for fig tree, Hubby says no.

2009 – ask Hubby for fig tree, Hubby says no.

2010 – get scary health news, ask Hubby for fig tree, watch Hubby put fig tree in cart.

When Life Gives You Lemons, Get a Fig Tree.

Comments

Great post, Pam. Sometimes we just have to keep laughing, don’t we? Keep us updated. Good houghts and prayers.

I am still crossing my fingers for you on the health-front, but I am so happy about your tree! I finally took matters into my own hands. Instead of asking hubby this year, I asked the owner of my local greenhouse. Funny how fast that worked….

You finally got your Fig tree!! Good luck with it. If you have not planted it yet, plant it on the south side of the house, to protect it from harsh winters.

I just stumbled across your blog, and while I hope your health scare is nothing serious, I had to laugh because my husband would have done the same thing!!

Hugs!

Hubby isn’t going to be walking around wearing just a fig leaf is he? lol

Can’t wait to see what dishes the fruit ends up in, Pam.

OH Pam…. You are so smart…. Hope you ‘milked’ your health situation for all its worth—to get what you wanted…. Glad you finally got your fig tree…. Now—I’ll just hope and pray that your health problems will turn out to be NOTHING (or at least can be fixed quickly and easily)….

CONGRATS.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

Well, it’s one way to get a fig tree. But couldn’t you have just stuffed one in your car in 2008 and claimed it followed you home?

Pam, hope all is going well and I’m glad you finally got your fig tree. I’m with the others who have left comments – our fingers are crossed all is well. Please stay in touch. We’re in it with you all the way.
    Sam

Way to work the system, Pam! What’s next on your list? :-) Hope you enjoy your fig tree. Our neighbor’s tree leans over our fence and deposits zillions of them every year. I don’t have a clue what to do with them, so I’ll depend on you to fill me in.

Pam, you’re a love.. thank you for your concern. after reading your post, i think i’ll put a fig tree on my list of things! thanks for the perspective.. even if you didn’t know it, you helped. :)
    continued blessings for you my dear.
    -Tracie

Hey sweetie, I hope that the bad news you are referring to is still the original news and nothing new. But at least you’re looking at the silver lining!

I would rather that he did not have cause to rethink his position on he fig tree. That being said. I always thought a fig tree was a great idea. I’m glad that you have one.

Hope everything is alright on your front. I have also never asked for a fig tree, but given it gets well below zero here, don’t think it would thrive here.