Tomatillos and a favor

Tomatillos

If I could live with any chef and eat their food for the rest of my life, Rick Bayless would be one of my top picks.  Besides the fact that I love Mexican food and that everything that I have made from Mexican Everyday (Recipes Featured on Season 4 of the PBS-TV series has come out wonderfully,  he seems really nice.  I follow him on Twitter and he is just so friendly and helpful!

All of my favorite Mexican recipes include cilantro and tomatillos.  If given the choice between red or green sauce or salsa, I always go green.  Unfortunately, I have yet to find a good source for tomatillos around here.  It’s very hit or miss, so during spring break a day trip to Atlanta’s Buford HighwayFarmer’s Market was in order.   If you can’t find something there, it simply can’t be found.  I saw things, I’ve never even heard of, much less seen.  But the huge bin of tomatillos is what I came for.

So, here is Auntie Pam’s tip of the day…did you know that tomatillos freeze beautifully?  You don’t even have to  chop or peel.  Just wash them and place them in a single layer on a sheet and place them in your freezer.  Once they are frozen, pop them in a bag.  Their texture is a little different after freezing, but most of the time you are using them in sauces and salsa’s where they are perfect!!   So, go forth and fill you freezer with tomatillos.  You’re welcome.

And now for a favor.  Tomorrow afternoon, I have to go back for a second look at something. So tonight, when you are saying your Now I Lay Me Down to Sleeps, if you could put in a good word or two for my right boob, I would appreciate it.   Thank you.

Comments

I stopped right here and now and said an all around “Please hold her in your very hands” kind of prayer.. no waiting around for a “now I lay me down” one. And I added a general all around one for your family too. My thoughts will be with you constantly.

Tomatillos are the best and now that I know they can freeze… well now YOU’RE the best!

I’ll be praying for you throughout the day! Gods grace on you and your family.

Consider it done. Hopefully, all will be well.
    Also love mexican food. I did not know that about the tomatillos. Thanks. Our local Walmart carries them almost always.

I stopped right here and said a prayer for you and your family. I sure hope everything checks out okay.

I second you on Rick Bayless. He is such a fabulous chef and you can tell that he is a wonderful person. He was wonderful to watch on Top Chef Masters and I’m so glad he won.

Thanks for the tip, Auntie Pam.

Joining in on your prayer chain now. Sending lots of positive, good vibes your way. Let us know how it goes.

I’ll remember this for the next time I grow them. I had a ton last year, but didn’t consider freezing – duh on me. My best for your tests.

1–you’re absolutely in my prayers. right now and henceforth.
    2–rick bayless is the man. right now and forevermore. :)

My prayers and all the good and positive thoughts in the world are with you Pam. Take care.

I am very happy to learn you can freeze tomatillos–next time I find a supply at the Latin market I am buying and freezing a bunch.

Oh Honey, I’m definitely keeping you in my prayers. That happened to me once—and I was scared to death… Turned out to be nothing, so I hope yours is NOTHING also…. Keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Betsy

It’s a privilege to pray for you, Pam. Also praying you sleep well tonight and dream of enchiladas with salsa verde.

How do we all get along? I hate cilantro(tastes like soap!) and dislike tomatillos! Thank God for the differences that make us who we are! I respect other people’s tastes, even when I don’t agree!

12. leilani says

I join Ann is sending you a whole huge bunch of healing vibes. Also, sending peaceful good thoughts for your loved ones who must be very worried.

I love the green sauces too and also find it diffficult at times to find tomatillos. Thanks for the freezing tip… I had no idea!

You’ve been added to my prayer list. My thoughts are with you tomorrow hon.

I love tomatillos – I have a hard time finding them sometimes. Good tip about freezing. I’m a day late – but not a prayer short. Hope it went OK.