Foodie Friday – Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt

Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt

So, yeah.  Last week I posted about the gorgeous Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker that I won from the lovely Michael Lee West at Designs by Gollum.  I follow it up this week, with another tasty frozen concoction.

This ice cream maker totally rocks!  I had the smaller version of this before and I have a Kitchen Aide attachment, but I must say that this one makes the best ice cream.  I think it’s because the bowl is more encased than on the smaller version, and the Kitchen Aide bowl is not encased at all.  I think the encasement (is that a word) keeps it all colder.  This yogurt was easily ready to serve immediately, no need to freeze before serving.

So, what I did was take a recipe from David Lebovitz’s The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, and Sweet Accompaniments, and modify it to use a bag of frozen mixed berries.  Completely easy and completely fabulous!

Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt

• 1 1/2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
  • 3/4 sugar
  • 15 ounces  frozen mixed berries
  • 1 t. Kirsch
  • 2 t. freshly squeezed lemon juice

In a blender, puree the yogurt, sugar and mixed berries.  Press the mixture through a sieve to remove seeds (I didn’t bother).  Stir in the Kirsch and the lemon juice.  Chill thoroughly – mine was pretty well chilled since the berries were frozen.

Process in your ice cream maker per it’s instructions.

Makes about 1 quart.

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

that looks absolutely lip smacking! i surely need one right now… congratulations on winning the ice cream maker…lucky u!.. Im sure youre having more wonderful frozen desserts coming! :))

I love my ice cream maker too! The mixed berry yogurt looks like the perfect dessert. Since it’s yogurt, does it qualify as a healthy breakfast;D

This looks wonderful! And are you now telling me I need a new “toy” to replace my kitchenaid ice cream bowl? No waiting? Oh, crap, that wouldn’t be good for my butt, would it?

what a marvelous color on that froyo! we almost hit 90 degrees today which is ridiculous for us, and buddy, this would’ve hit the spot. :)

Pam, your berry yogurt looks delicious. I’ll wager it tastes as good as it looks. The kirsch is a stroke of genius. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings…Mary

Yum! I have the 1-1/2 quart and while I like mine a little bit firmer than the soft serve that it finishes with, I don’t really mind the wait to get it firm. I LOVE these ice cream makers with the freezer bowls!

You are making good use of that ice cream maker. This is a perfect treat, full of things that are good for you, well maybe not he Kirsch.
    Mimi

Love this recipe. It’s been too long since I’ve made ice cream or frozen yogurt! I love my ice cream maker too and it’s not nearly as nice as yours.

Yum! I love all kinds of berries and this looks lip-smackin’ delicious! I need to get one of those machines! And then I need to double my time at the gym. Thanks, Pam. I think. ;)