It’s May. It’s strawberry time. School is out!

Strawberries

I can think of no better way to begin my summer vacation, then to stare at this gorgeous photo of  luscious ripe strawberries!  When my CSA offered flats of these at great prices (especially for organic), I jumped on it.  I rinsed them, cut off the tops and spread out on a baking sheet, froze them, and then popped the frozen strawberries into a Ziploc baggie.  To be pulled out when needed for smoothies, sorbets, baking, whatever!  A couple of bags of these in the freezer, the summer ahead of me, life is good!

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

Ooh I can’t wait for strawberries!! We should be getting ours real soon now. Although now that I think of it everything is early this year so I better check. I’m glad you have started your summer with such a delicious style.

School out already? Lucky you.. although, when I was growing up, we were let out of school when the strawberry crop was in, the school kids were the ones that provided the labor to pick them. My town is not the same little farm community anymore.. used to be under 14,000.. now closer to 100,000. very different.. Have a great start to vacation. I still have until 6-12 geesh

What a great way to always have some strawberries on hand! It is strawberry time here too! Enjoy your summer!

Oh yum! Do you happen to have an extra plate?

I hope you’ll stop by and see my video for a French Macaroon video. There are bloopers. :)

I am also hosting a giveaway for a French Basketeer tote.

I can’t wait for our strawberry patch to open! Happy Memorial Day, Pam, and welcome to summer! We’ll finish our last test next week – yeah! Then it will really be summer!

Strawberries are just beginning to appear in the farmers markets and I can’t wait to get some. Frozen berries are so great for shakes and ice cream.

When they were practically giving away the Florida strawberries early in the season down here, that is exactly what I did too! They are the best fresh of course, but you can’t beat freshly frozen either.

Congrats on another school year over!

I like how you freeze the strawberries individually on baking sheets. Great idea!

What an awesome idea!! Freezing them on a baking sheet first-I always have to fight frozen chunks of strawberries!:) Thanks for that tip!

Strawberries are hugely expensive here this year *sigh*. Yesterday I saw 500 grammes for almost 4 euros (4.95 dollar)

(I thought you were coming over to paint my fence? ;-))

The strawberries look wonderful but then so do all of the food posts below them. I really love your blog. Have a wonderful holiday. Blessings…Mary

There is never such a thing as too many strawberries, however, it is so nice to be able to pull them out of the freezer in the middle of the winter!