Roasted Fish, Potato, Asparagus with Dill Butter

Roased Fish, Potato, Asparagus with Dill Butter

You know not every recipe can be out of the park fantastic.  Sometimes you don’t want out of the park fantastic.  Sometimes you want just a nice simple dinner, with lovely flavors, that was ridiculously easy to do, so that after spending 8 hours that day  realizing that your students have quite possibly learned nothing this year, you can still put this in the oven.

You know who I turned to, right?  Yep, Donna Hay, issue Number 47.  What I found was this delightfully simple fish dish.  What I love about this is the technique, roasting the potatoes for awhile and then topping with the asparagus and fish, it’s a simple one dish meal, healthy and pretty!

Roasted Fish, Potato, and Asparagus with Dill Butter

• 400g (14 ounces) baby potatoes sliced
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 2 x 200g (7 ounce)  firm white fish fillets
  • 1 bunch of asparagus, halved lengthwise (if they’re thick)
  • 40g (2 3/4 Tablespoons)  butter, melted
  • 1 T. dill leaves

Preheat the oven to 425 (she said 390, but I liked the higher heat).  Place the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.  Roast for 25 minutes.  Add the fish, asparagus and capers to the tray and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.  Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.

Combine the butter and the dill leaves and drizzle over the fish to serve.

Serves 2

This will be my entry for Weekend Herb Blogging hosted by Astrid from Paulchen’s Foodblog.

Comments

Oh man that looks good. Just the thing for a cool summer evening. And, I’m sure your students learned something this year…albeit maybe not what you taught them. ;)

I love this kind of early dinner. I’d probably skip the potatoes and just serve the fish over the asparagus.

This sounds out of the park fantastic to me. I love the simple to make dinners too, and the combo of fish, potato, and asparagus is right up at the top of my favorites!
    Mmmmm, dill. One of God’s great ideas!

I said last week or so that my new Fannie Farmer cookbook confuses me because it has 2 sets of measurements, so now you’re trying to confuse me, too! Silly Girl!

This is a great idea for a fast and easy meal, Pam.

Some day you’ll be walking down the street, years from now, and you’ll run into one of your students from this year, and they will tell you that you are the best teacher they ever had and they learned so much from you. And then you’ll know.

Mmm, mmm, good! While it may be simple, it looks outta sight! Your students are 8th graders, right? I bet they will always remember you as one of their most favorite teachers. Having two 14 year olds in my house as we speak, it’s amazing what actually does manage to penetrate their hormone crazed skulls. Did you ever see the movie, To Sir With Love? I think you’re like the Sidney Poitier character. You change lives. You really do. Too bad the students won’t think to thank you until they are in their 40’s!

i can definitely appreciate the short and straightforward ingredient list and method. sometimes okay is all right. :)

I’ve cooked this tonight and it was delicious. Didn’t have it with the fish…, wrote a post about why not and linked to your blog.

It will be on our menu more often in future ;-)

I’ll take everything but the fish, lol. I’m just not a fish guy but the asparagus and potatoes would be great.