Strawberry Muffins

Strawberry Muffins

I would like to take this time to thank Mother Nature.  Oh, I know she has been particularly cruel this spring with flooding and tornadoes, and I do wish she would stop all that.  Now.  Please.  But whatever she is doing right here in my exact little location on the map has been just right for strawberries.  That’s right.  We are in the midst of a strawberry lovefest right now.  And really, is there any other lovefest that you would rather be in?!

So, besides freezing for later, strawberry jam, sorbets, ice creams and roasted strawberry salads, I decided I needed a muffin recipe.  I’ve never made strawberry muffins, so I hopped on the surfboard and explored the net, leaving my 100+ cookbooks to wonder, “why are we here?”  I was looking for easy and maybe sort of healthy and I must have all the ingredients in my pantry.

I found Strawberry Muffins from TLC cooking.  What I liked about it was that it included oats.  So, that makes is healthy and totally negates any negatives you might feel from the stick of butter.  These were yummy.  The oats made them slightly chewy, which would be perfect for breakfast.  I’m not going to post the recipe just follow the link above, easy peasy.   Since, I didn’t even know TLC had a cooking section!  I encourage you to check it out!

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

Glad youre having good weather now.. Those strawberry oat muffins sound good and look pretty for a breakfast . …and the oats do make it sound healthy ..Thats good enough for me ;)

Another welcome sign of Spring is the arrival of strawberries. I’d like a muffin coffee and Oh, what the heck, another muffin!

Aren’t strawberries the greatest? Your look lovely and plump – and they make yummy muffins. And oats make any dish healthy in my book also.

I was looking for a muffin recipe to bring to a flower planting party tomorrow AM and will make your recipe. I have all the ingredients in the house and I agree that I like the idea of the oatmeal in the recipe to add some fiber.
    Joyce

My strawberry muffins don’t contain oats, but that would be a wonderful addition. Thanks for mentioning it.

ButterYum

Ah, few things make me more happy than an easy, tasty muffin. (I have some baking right now.) And I join you in your strawberry love.

Hooray for strawberries! Our local farm hasn’t opened yet, but I’ll bet you remember the pictures of my little boys with the big baskets of them. Now, don’t you wish you had them to help you pick strawberries so you could make more of these muffins?

i don’t often see strawberries in baked goods, and that’s unfortunate. they lend such a lovely color to the batter. terrific muffins, pam!

Ah, the glorious strawberry! How I do love thee. We are drowning in rain right now … hopefully we’ll have a strawberry harvest in a couple of weeks. Until then, I’ll just hug my monitor. Someone needs to invent “sniff-a-monitor” so we can smell all these gorgeous, yummy, foods. Uh, I guess the s-a-m would have to have some sort of fail-safe on it to prevent some odors from passing through. Ahem. :-)

The muffins look lovely! My house was built on top of strawberry fields. Although it was many years ago if I go hunting I can still find some strays growing.