Insalata Caprese Salad

Share on YummlyShare on StumbleUponShare on FacebookShare on Google+Pin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on RedditEmail this to someone

Insalata Caprese Salad

I know what you’re thinking.  You’re thinking, “wow, Pam, didn’t you show us this salad last summer, and maybe even the summer before that?”  Please people, life can’t be all about the bright shiny new and untried!  Just stop and think for a moment about the daily repetition.  The day-in-day-out drudge.  Think how many times you have loaded your dishwasher, think how many times you have mowed the lawn.  Kind of makes my once a year Caprese salad look pretty good now, doesn’t it?!?!

There are as many versions of Caprese salad as there are grains of sand.  Actually, I have no idea if that is true, but I was feeling all zen like after my yoga practice and tend to use phrases like “grains of sand” when I’m in the zen zone.

Insalata Caprese Salad

So, anyway, my Caprese salad is just fresh from the garden tomatoes (a must), fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper.  That’s it.  I slice the tomatoes, layer them all fancy with the cheese and the basil.  Drizzle with a good quality extra virgin olive oil,  and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

And I’m submitting it for Souper Sundays (Soup, Salad, or Sammie) hosted by Deb at Kahakai Kitchen.

Comments

That is one gorgeous salad… don’t let anyone tell you you can’t share this every year… it is a classic and your pictures of it are award winners. I can’t wait for the good tomatoes to start coming in so I can make this!

That looks sooo good. Your basil looks sooo much better than mine! But mine is looking better since I cut it back.

What do you use to drizzle olive oil? I use the bottle it comes in and it’s more like a drenching in some places and nothing in others.

This is absolutely without question my most favorite salad. Pam, you couldn’t possibly post it too many times as far as I’m concerned and yes, your photos are incredible!

I love this salad and we make it too, at our house. I am always so pleased when our own basil is available, like today. On my blog today I posted a salad idea that includes nasturtium flowers. Yum.

So, with just your hubster to feed, you can do all these pretty presentations. Me? With drooling giants (NOT Thor) hanging over me, I’m lucky if the stuff gets out of the pans before they’re scooping it up! So, make me jealous with your pretty salad…

You just cannot go wrong with fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes. You just can’t. Honestly, I could eat this every single day, so posting it once a year is hardly over doing it. That picture is gorgeous and is making my lunchtime sunflower butter sandwich seem pitiful.

I’m getting all “zen” just looking at it and it takes a lot these days to get a zen out of me.

That photo is fabulous.

Beautiful and as it should be … none of that balsamic drizzle that totally changes the flavor.

I swear I could eat fresh mozarella by the tubful!

Ditto!

If its good it needs repitition no? N that looks like one good salad for sure! very zen like :)) i cld eat it again and again!

I love how pretty the salad looks in the serving dish. Caprese salad is my favorite and I eat it whenever i can get it or make it so post away! 😉 It’s a classic! Thanks for sending it to Souper Sundays.

I tend to think caprese salad is the best part of summer. And so there is a definite need to post a new recipe everywhere. Looks beautiful.

Trackbacks