PFA – A Public Foodie Announcement

Today’s What Was it Wednesday has been preempted by a PFA.  The  reason?  Because I could readily identify the photo taken on 12/21/2008.  It is two jars of basmati rice.  Apparently I decided to clean out my pantry over Christmas break.

My announcement:  clean out your pantry.  Take a few minutes, or hours, or days, and really clean it out and organize it.  You’ll be amazed at what you find.  Just think of the money you’ll save by not buying the same thing over and over again, when you already have it in your pantry.

Isn’t it funny that when I bought this rice, I was organized enough to decant it into a jar and cut and tape on the label, but not organized enough to check and see if I already had some in the pantry?

Comments

Just did my weekly shopping, came home, put the shopping away and discovered that I have food enough for weeks (or lots of friends) to come. Your post fits into that wonderfully ;-) I will clean out the pantry before I go shopping again.

I just cleaned out my pantry last week. Yes, I felt like I had climbed Mt. Everest, such was my feeling of accomplishment.
    I won’t tell you how old some of that stuff was. :#

Don’t tell anyone, but this happens to me all the time. Can’t tell you how many jars of brown lentils I have, each with approximately half a pound of lentils in it. Well, I could tell you, but I won’t.

Since I order from the restaurant supply house, my kitchen is cleaned OUT – kids are griping about nothing to eat – before I’ll order again.

Yup. Gotta agree with you. I too work at being organized and I organize several of the same items into several other containers! Maybe I need yet another list to tape onto the inside of my doors to keep track of what I already have. But, would I really write that stuff on the list?….. Hmmmmmmm

What a good piece of advice. When I sold my house a year ago, I was amazed at how long I could eat without buying groceries. I cleaned out my pantry and it took a long time. Nice to have a fresh supply.

I just put the box or bag in the pantry shelf. You are way ahead of me in the organization road … what road … I’m not organized at all ..

So funny that this coincided with my post on the contents of my freezer attacking me. Clean out your freezer as well!