Garden Tuesday – Indoors this week! Winner Announced!!

It’s crazy hot here people.  I go outside and my camera lens fogs over from the heat!  So, this week a couple of photos from inside my house, if you don’t mind!

First up is my orchid!  Isn’t it pretty?  It was a gift from middle daughter for Mother’s Day and it’s still gorgeous!  I have never had an orchid before so I have no idea how long this thing will keep blooming!

Orchid

And next are some flowers given to me by a new, but very dear to me friend!  She has just started blogging, so if you’d like, give her a visit and tell her Pam sent you, At Grace’s Table.

And a bit of terrible, horrible, very bad, no good, news.  This is my last week of summer!!  Where did it go?  It seems like only yesterday I posted with glee about the beginning of summer and you all wished me well.  Well, wish me well again people please.  I happen to know a few of the students who are going to be in 8th grade and I am going to need all the well wishes that I can get.  I have actually prayed every single night that a certain student move out of our zone.  So, tonight if you could add a little “please let Pam have a good school year” to your now-I-lay-me-down-to-sleeps, I would appreciate it ever so much.

AND lastly some good news, look how I kept you reading…aren’t I sneaky. My random org generator picked numbers 4 and 20 for the giveway! Congrats to Barbara and The Empress, please email me at sidewalkshoes2(AT)gmail(DOT)com and I will forward them on to the Girard’s people. Thanks for playing along!

Comments

My sister just finished 8th grade and it is ROUGH. I wish you the best of luck with your brood!

That orchid is so lovely!

Oh.. I’m so sorry Pam. I really, really know of what you speak.. I will say that Sam is crawling out of his skin this summer and cannot wait for 8th grade to start. He is going a bit stir crazy without school this summer, but I would not wish an early start on his wonderful teacher. (you gals would so get along!!) deep. deep. deep breaths.. those little people need you!

I know…I can’t stand the thought of summer coming to an end either. It is nice to have the flexibility to take care of the things for family and in our homes. Enjoy your last week.

And congratulations to the winners. They are very lucky.

Have a terrific Tuesday. ~Natalie

Have a wonderful last week Pam. Those flowers are really pretty. I like the orchid . they usually last very long. I think.

It seems like it takes so long for summer to get here and then it’s over in a flash. Enjoy your day and hopefully the temperatures will be more comfortable for you soon.

Can’t believe that the summer is almost over…. SO–you go back to school already????? When do the students come back???? Hope your school is air-conditioned…

I’m afraid that August will be as hot or hotter than June/July (and they were miserable)… It’s been the hottest summer I can remember since moving here in 2003. AND–the rains missed us again yesterday. Darn!!!!

Have a good day and stay COOL. Your orchid is gorgeous….
    Hugs,
    Betsy

We don’t begin our school year until after the first week of September here. Hope your year is a nice one! Your flowers are so pretty. They always brighten up my mood! ;)

School starts too early down here, doesn’t it? My daughter goes back in about a week too. Good luck with your crew next school year! The flowers are gorgeous.

Ahh… I hear you about the students. I’ve been off work for the last 2+ weeks, and I dread the thought of a couple of particular kids returning. I just don’t know if I’m up to the “extreme special needs” kids anymore… *sigh*
    I’ll keep you in my prayers, if you’ll keep me in yours… okay?

The flowers are simply lovely – I’m off to visit At Grace’s Table now. :)

Those are lovely flowers!! I know what you mean about your camera lens fogging up, I had to leave mine outside for 10 minutes before I used it..

I can’t believe you start back to school in a week! I’ll keep fingers crossed that a certain somebody finds his/her way to another class/school/state/planet. ;)

It’s crazy hot here, too, but not as humid as it was when we were in Virginia Beach last week. I have a couple of photos that show the humidity, thanks to a foggy lens. I started to delete one but changed my mind. I figure it will give the true essence of just how miserably hot we were. And we were at the beach! I can’t imagine what it was like inland.