Salmon Roasted in Butter

Salmon Roasted with Butter

You know what I love??  I love when you discover a technique, a method that you know you will use over and over.  I like to be able to say, “oh a boneless, skinless chicken breast?  Here is the best way to cook that.”  Well, I can now say it about salmon.  Yes, there are may ways:  pan-fried, steamed, grilled, roasted…to name a few.  But from now on, if I don’t have a particular recipe I am following this is my salmon of choice – super easy and super tasty, you can’t go wrong.

The technique is simple and genius, so of course if comes from How To Cook Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Foodby Mark Bittman.  All you do is heat some butter in a skillet, toss in some fresh herbs, add the salmon flesh side down, and pop it into a 475 degree oven, after 5 minutes, flip and cook for 3 to 6 minutes more.  Genius.  Perfectly cooked salmon, with a lovely herby butter flavor.  I served this on top of some roasted green beans and a fresh tomato salad.  Perfect.

Salmon Roasted in Butter

• 4 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 2-3 pound salmon fillet, skin on (I had 4 little fillets)
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 2-4 tablespoons of a chopped fresh herb (I used tarragon)

Preheat the oven to 475.  Melt the butter in an oven safe skillet (cast iron is perfect)  or roasting pan, until the foam subsides.   Add the herbs.

Place the salmon in the butter flesh side down and put the pan in the oven.  Roast for about 5 minutes, then turn and roast for 3 to 6 minutes more.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with the extra butter sauce dribbled on top.

This will be my entry for Two For Tuesdays!

And Real Food  Wednesdays.

And  for I Heart Cooking Clubs!

Cookbook used:

Comments

I adore salmon and am always looking for new and exciting ways to cook it. Best ever, you say? Obviously it needs to be tried!

I like to throw chives or dill and some lime juice in with my salmon, because it cuts the strong flavor. High temp roasting is the very best way to cook salmon; you are so right about that!

I love salmon any way it cooked. I just wish I could get the smell out of the kitchen when I use this method. I try simmering some spices, but the smell still lingers.

He is such a genius!! That does sound amazing…melt in your mouth…uuuummmmm, droooool. This is on my list to make soon! And thanks so much for sharing it with both IHCC & Two for Tuesdays this week,Pam =)

That does seem a lot easier than cedar plank grilling them but not as much fun for me:)

Seriously, that does look good Pam. Nice job and fantastic photo!

I’ve never tried roasting salmon before, but I’ve been hearing so many great things about it lately. Definitely on my list of things to try.

That Bittman – he really knows how to share easy and delicious preparations. I love how simple but delicious this is. Thanks for linking to Two for Tuesdays Blog Hop!

This picture had me totally drooling! I love salmon. I’ll definitely have to try making it this way. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at our Two for Tuesday blog hop this week!

Whooo hoo! Another Bittman Fan! I adore Marky Mark and I cook out of that book ALL the time! Thanks so much for sharing the real food love on the two for tuesday recipe blog hop! :) Alex@amoderatelife