What Was it Wednesday

You’re looking at January 22, 2009.  Spelt.

You may also notice the Christmas cactus in the background, and what looks suspiciously like Patchouli fur in the lower right.

This was also January 22, 2009.  I take it that this is cooked spelt.  I have no idea what I did with it.  Maybe a salad??  What does one do with cooked spelt?

****What Was it Wednesday – my attempt to work my way through my backlog of cooking photos.  Photos so old, that you’re guess is as good as mine!

Comments

I would think you would remember something as out-of-the-ordinary as cooking spelt! Hmmm I’m guessing you went with some kind of grain salad. Probably by Delia Smith :P

Hi Pam I’m following you from Betsys blog!!

You were saying about the squirrels tearing down your feeder and leaving a trail of seeds. We thought the same thing until we caught the real culprit which was a raccoon!!!

Love the Patchouli fur. My cat is always trying to get into the action. Whatever you did with it, you were healthy for a meal. :-)

Spelt…don’t even know what this is. I thought it was some kind of grammatical rule…you know, if you spell it correctly ,great, if you spell it incorrectly, you mis-“spelt” it.????

I’ve never even heard of spelt. What is it? Looks like a lentil or some type of grain.

I’m having a great giveaway at my spot. Be sure to stop by and enter.

Blessings, SusanD

Wow. I won?? How lovely! I will send my email address to you in a sec!
    I’m betting you made a salad with the spelt.

Funny to see cat fur in the corner!

Hi Pam, I’ve never had spelt before–unless it was served at a restaurant or something… I know it’s a wheat product and is a ‘health food’—so it must be good for you… Maybe you put in on salads!????

Hugs,
    Betsy

I would like to use your photo of the jar of spelt – with credit, of course. Spelt is new to me. I know it’s something I should have known about. Must look into this.
    Bella

I recently made a spelt soup, it was great, nice and chewy. I need to write about it, or, kinda like you, in January of 2011, I’ll be wondering how I made it…
    LL