Brats with Peppers

I would just like to say that having a food blog is a lot of work.  Sure, it’s insanely gratifying, and I love “meeting” all of you and consider you all friends.  But still.  Having to cook blog worthy food all of the time, take blog worthy pictures, and come up with blog worthy witty words, can be a challenge.

Sometimes I just want to be normal.  Cook a normal simple meal, maybe take it’s picture, maybe not.  Tonight was one of those nights.  Nothing special.  I found a big bag of bell peppers in my fridge from the CSA and some brats in the freezer.  Bingo.

Grill or pan fry the brats (with or without a beer soak and simmer).  Grill or saute some bell peppers and onions, which were tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and fresh thyme.  Spoon peppers over brats.  Snap a pic.  Eat.

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

you may THINK it’s not blogworthy but I think we all like to see some of the simpler meals sometimes too. Since we all tend to forget they’re out there.

I think it’s great, we eat like this all the time. It is refreshing to not have to cook fancy all the time. I know I have meals like this.

DEElicious looking brats. I agree blogging can be alot of work, especially making sure you’re interesting in every post. Sometime I just say “screw it” and post something simple and delicious that speaks for its self and doesn’t need much dialog. Sometimes they turn out to be some of the more popular.

I’m glad to hear someone else say that out loud. My blog defiitely suffers sometimes because I just get burned out on trying so hard. Many of my meals are just like this, easy and simple, and more often than not, unphotographed.

Blogging is very gratifying and time consuming. I have to remind myself that I own my blog, my blog does not own me.
    Sometimes, it’s a good idea to just keep it simple.
    I do believe that this brat with peppers recipe, did just that, and it looks awesome.

The meal looks delicious Pam, I’m a big brat fan. I know someone who just cooks what he cooks, takes a shot of his plate as is, and posts it – not as much pressure I suspect :-).

Wow took the words right off my keyboard;) I lots of times snap pictures of whatever we eat for dinner and decide later if its good enough. This looked really good something I think I’ll try on my fam:)

I’ve often wondered how you working people find the time to blog the way you do. I’d never be able to do this if I wasn’t retired. Your recipes, even the simple ones, are always blog worthy. It looks delicious.

My thoughts exactly Pam. And it’s so hard to keep up. Especially while chasing two kids under age 5 around. I buy brats in bulk at Costco and freeze them – they are a great/easy go-to meal when exhaustion kicks in. In other words, every night.

Finding blog balance is difficult.
    I haven’t manage to find it yet.
    Great recipe with love brats and peppers, totally blog-worthy.
    Mimi

One of those weeks at work Pam? This is my kind of dinner everyday.. Sometimes I feel a bit intimidated by the fancy stuff. It’s nice to see the simple stuff too. It’s wonderful and filling and quick to clean up after. What could be better, besides someone else doing the above?

I know exactly what you mean…. Once in awhile it’s nice to eat the food piping hot, no photo. And I love brats and peppers…. tho we can’t get the brats here LOL

I really wish more people would feature good simple recipes for everyday cooking. It certainly would help me in my daily planning of meals. I love the bright variety of colors in this dish. This is a great satisfying dish for those busy weeknights.