A Little Summer Sewing

Do you read the fine print?  I don’t.  Really, who knows what I have signed my John Hancock to in the past. Have you read the fine print on my blog, you know…where it mentions sewing and knitting?  Did you think it was just gobbledy-gook?  It’s not, I do sew and I do knit; just not very profusely.  Summer is pretty much my only time to actually sew to completion, so without further ado, here are a few of my completed summer projects:

New Look 6892

First up, is New Look 6892.  A sweet little peasant style blouse.

New Look 6892

Which I liked so much, I immediately made it again.  This time with some vintage pillowcase fabric.  (It looks much better ironed!)

Next up was this dress.  Are you old enough to remember when women wore house dresses?  I am.  I wanted a light, summery house dress.  I wear this without the tied belt and it is everything it promised to be.

Simplicity 2609

And last was this tiered skirt, Simplicity 2609.  You can’t really tell, but it has 4 gathered tiers.  It looks like it would be easy, but gathering up all those tiers is not!  The fabric is a vintage cotton and I think it will make a nice skirt for the transition from summer to fall.

There you have it.  I wasn’t as productive as I would have liked to be, but since I started all the house renovation stuff in early July, this is not too shabby.

Comments

Not too shabby?!?!? Talk about incredibly awesome! I love the fabrics that you used…everything came out so beautifully! I especially like those shirts. Very much my kind of style.

Okay, stupid Firefox shut down on me right as I hit publish, so I don’t know if you actually received my comment or not, but what I basically said is: I love every single piece…that is totally talent!

Hey! I love the “house dress” I would wear it everywhere, not only at home:D my grandma still wears house dresses but they are not as pretty as yours!
    have a nice Sunday!
    J.

Not as productive as you would have liked? WHAT? You made two blouses, a dress, and a skirt. I can’t even sew a button. No joke. Those are all lovely. Well done, Pam!

Me and Kensie have been sewing away. Nothing major yet, just teaching her the basics. But, this weekend we made her an apron. She was so proud of that. I also love your choice of materials. I have always wanted to wear housedresses or moomoos. I should make me some. Love that skirt too. You are one busy lady.

Love the peasant tops especially the one made with vintage pillow cases! That is adorable! Boy, you really know how to sew! And the skirt is definitely a great transitional piece!

Wow Pam!! I’m really impressed. Watch out Martha Stewart….
    I love them all, but especially the second shirt made with the vintage pillowcase. It’s a beauty:)

For someone with a house in semi shambles, this is good work. I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves a pattern and immediately has to make more of the same thing. I wish I had a dummy to try on my clothes for me.

Very pretty. Love the neckline of the dress and the little sleeves on the blouses. Well done! Now we only need to see some knitwork, before we actually believe that ;-)