Tilapia with Peppers and Olives

Tilapia with Peppers and Olives

Does fish and veggies fill you up?  Even though the pictures in the magazines the fish topped with a lovely assortment of veggies looks so pretty and healthy, I view it with a critical eye.  Fish and veggies alone is like an appetizer for me.  I need something more.  Something starchy, something with a little oomph to it.

So, when I saw this recipe, Tilapia with Peppers and Olives from, where else, Real Simple, I immediately started thinking about what I would serve it over.  I settled on quinoa flavored with a little preserved lemons and a fresh bay leaf.  I think some thin sliced pan-fried or roasted potatoes would have been good too.  This was fresh, healthy and a great way to use the bounty of bell peppers that some of you may be enjoying.  Love this “in season” eating!

Tilapia with Peppers and Olives

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup pitted green olives
  • 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a second large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the peppers and onion, stirring often, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the olives, parsley, lime juice, and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the fish.  (Given my dislike for multiple pans, I didn’t use a second skillet, I just put the fish on a platter, covered with foil and cooked up the peppers in the same skillet.)

Serves 4

This will be my entry for Two For Tuesdays!

AND

• Sharing is fun!Share on FacebookShare on Google+Pin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone

Comments

I’m with you. A thin fillet of tilapia is just not going to fill me up. Especially not after a gym workout, which is usually when I eat dinner. Great meal and love the quinoa addition!

You are making me feel guilty. You’re eating alot healther than I am right now. I agree, I’d be starving in an hour if all I ate was tilapia and peppers. Looks delicious tho and as always great photo.

Ever since my leaf turned over, we’ve been eating tilapia. No kidding, I will try this recipe. Printing it off this very minute. Right up our alley.

I would do the same thing with using the same pan…why dirty more!? This sounds delicious…I would try to pretend it fills me up…and see what happens ;) Just eat more, maybe?? LOL! Thanks for sharing it w/ t4t this week.

Love tilapia, but right now I have Blue Hake in the freezer, I think I will try this recipe with that.

I like a light dinner, if I am hungry later it gives me an excuse to eat cookies. 8-)

-Brenda

Hi Pammie and thanks for sharing this on the two for tuesday recipe blog hop. I too like Tilapia, though, I know Mark Bittman doesn’t. My thoughts are, if you HATE fish like I do (and I DO! except of course sushi for some strange reason) and you find a fish that works for you, why not eat it? I also love it paired with bold flavors like this! Alex@amoderatelife

i tried tilapia once because i was told that if i was ever gonna like fish, tilapia would be the one. guess what–i’m never gonna like fish. :)

I don’t cook a ton of fish but I do love tilapia for its mild taste – yours sounds delicious! thanks for linking to Two for Tues.

Well it’s not filling for me, but that is just because while I’ll make it for the family, I won’t eat it! :)

Looks great though!