The Mischief of the Mistletoe

The Mischief of the Mistletoe

Blog friends.  I think, that unless you are a blogger, you can’t really understand the concept of blog friends.  These are people that I’ve never met, yet sometimes I feel that I know more about them then my so-called real friends.  I know that I want to go eat breakfast with Larry, and I know what kind of biscuits Thor likes, and I know how Joanne spent her weekend.  I could go on and on.  And please don’t feel slighted if I didn’t mention you.  There’s lots of you and I love you all.

One of my blogger friends is Jain from Food For Thought.  I have Jain’s irises in my back yard and her meyer lemons preserving in my fridge, but I’ve never met her.  I’ve tried to participate in FFT, but alas, I am a big talker, but not a big walker.  I’ve failed miserably.  So, when Jain mentioned the Holiday Edition, of FFT with holiday books, I promised Jain and myself that I would participate.

The Mischief of the Mistletoe

I went out to Amazon and specifically bought The Mischief of the Mistletoe: A Pink Carnation Christmasby Lauren Willig just for this event.  I totally fell in love with the cover.  And then in typical me fashion, I only started it yesterday.  But, wow!  I love it.

It is just what I am in the mood for right now.  This book takes place during the Regency Period (1803) in England.  It begins with Arabella Dempsey taking a teaching position, even though her dear friend Jane Austen warns her not to.

I would rather be a teacher at a school (and I can think of nothing worse) than marry a man I did not like.  –Jane Austen, The Watsons

And unfortunately that’s about as far into the book as I am.  But I love it.  I can’t wait to read about her teaching at the girls school.  And the mystery has already begun with a cryptic message “Meet me at Farley Castle, tomorrow afternoon.  Most urgent” found inside the wrapper of a Christmas pudding.

Apparently, this book is part of a series called the Pink Carnation series.  I can tell you that I plan to read them all.

Christmas Biscotti

And in my lazy, lazy way.  I’ve photographed my go-to Christmas peppermint biscotti in front of the book.  Sigh.  Jain, one day, I will do this right, I promise.

This will be my entry for Food For Thought!

And for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

I love this post! I am always telling my friends how weird and yet so AMAZING it is that I have these friends all over the world, who I’ve never met but know SO MUCH ABOUT. It’s kind of a beautiful thing.

This book sounds awesome. I’m going to have to check out Food For Thought! I’ve never heard of it before…

Pam,
    Blog friend are the best, aren’t they. I never realized when I started blogging how many wonderful people I would meet and get to know. I’ve even gotten to meet some of my blog friends in person and hope you are at a get-together soon.

I wish you a very merry Christmas filled with wonderful food, family and friends. Happy holidays to you and your family.
    Sam

Some of my blogger friends have turned into real-life friends! I even speak to three of them on the phone (gasp), I’ve met one of them for dinner (!). And a few of them sent me Christmas presents (!!). It’s amazing.

I cherish every single one of them. And absolutely adore you, Pam. Although I follow many, there certainly are a select few I look forward to reading (see my blog roll *ahem*) You’re there.

Super post Pam and so true. My world has been enriched tremendously by my blog friends and you’re among them. To steal a song “thank you for being my friend”… Happy Christmas!

i am so excited for you, a holiday book with no murder or mayhem?! you did such pretty pics too, and even food, wow, i am so proud of you! i love the title, i saw this too but when i read series i didn’t go any farther… i am so happy you joined in, wishing you a very merry christmas and happy reading :)

It’s the innocence of that book cover that I love. And her name Arabella.
    You’re right, there is something special about blog friends!
    Have a wonderful Christmas Pam!

You know I feel the same way, even though I haven’t written myself in so long I check out my friend’s sites daily. I feel close to you for so many reasons and I know if we were near by I would even allow you into my hovel of a home because you wouldn’t judge… you would probably even help me HAZMET Sam’s room. You are wonderful.. and I’m going to have to listen to the whole series too.. right up my alley! Merry Christmas Pam.

It looks like a good book! Merry Christmas, Pam, my wonderful blogging friend. Come join our celebrations any time; I’ll just tell the kids you’re my long lost cousin!

Yes, there is something wonderful about blogships… we know so many odd facts about one another… I wonder if we are like blind men and elephants in the portraits we create of one another.

I owe Jain a book too… it is really pathetic… I read tons but all history for the blog… I haven’t finished a regular book in nearly a year! ONe day, as Scarlett said, as God is my witness… I will do a book for Jain!!!. Have a merry Christmas!!!

I’ve never heard of the series, but I’ll look at it now. After all, anyone who has read A Girl Named Zippy and Mennonite in a Little Black Dress is certainly my kind of reader!

Love the new kitty.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

I have met some of the most lovely people since I started my blog. Jain sounds like a sweet friend. I love the cover of this book too. Looks like a fantastic read. Have a very Merry Christmas! Yum! Great biscotti!

Good Morning, Pam,
    Yes, I am in the mood for snuggling up with a good book. Let me know when you finish.

I’m so glad to have you as one of my BBFs (best blog friends).I always enjoy stopping by here.

Happy Holidays ~Natalie