Weekend Cat Blogging #289

CoCo

Those of you that are my friends on Facebook, already know that we have a new kitty cat addition here at the Sidewalk Shoes household. One Friday night, as I was in the kitchen cooking, my husband came home and said, “What’s that on the front porch?”  I looked out and there was a kitten.  A calico kitten frantically wanting it.  She was standing on her hind legs pawing at the door and then going to the window beside the door.  Frantically, back and forth.  I opened the door and she rushed in.

She immediately found the cat food, ate some, flopped over on her side on the rug in front of the fridge and looked up at us.  My husband and I looked at each other.  My first thought was, that I was glad he was home when this happened.  He would have never believed me that this kitten just showed up, demanding to be let in.  My second thought was, that it was going to get below freezing that night and it looked like calico kitty would be spending the night.

The next day was Saturday and I figured that I would go around the neighborhood searching for her owners.  Even though, she seemed not very well cared for.  But it was cold, really cold.  And I thought, shouldn’t the people who lost their kitty be the ones scouring the neighborhood.  So, we waited.  And waited.  And here we are two weeks later.  No one came looking for her.

Scrappycat doesn’t care one way or another about the new addition.  Patchouli hates her and is not happy.  Smudge is glad to have another kitty in the house who feels as strongly about food as he does.   We’ve named her CoCo.

She is as big as Smudge’s tail.  And yes, that is how Smudge looks when he comes in from outside.  You can imagine what my floors look like.

This will be my entry for Weekend Cat Blogging hosted by Nikita Cat.

Comments

Oh Pam, I love this story because that is how I usually become “the cat’s human”. Prior to my current cat, all my cat friends found me, and I was then their human, they WERE NOT my cat. Always independent and I was then trained into giving what was wanted, and then usually made to understand that play time would be at the request of the animal, and until then, please sit down out of the way! Enjoy Coco. Thanks for posting this fun story about yer arrival.

She’s beautiful. I had to chuckle about glad the husband was home. You don’t know how many times I’ve wanted to use the “look what showed up at the front door” excuse.

Aw, she is adorable. What lovely people you are to give this sweet thing a new home. Hard to refuse when they look at you with such love in their eyes, isn’t it?

4. Nancy says

I could have sworn that was a picture of my calico kitty, but mine is currently curled up on my bed sleeping. I’m glad this kitty found such a good home.

What a wonderful story, Pam, and a beautiful kitten. I think about showing up and scratching on your door too after I see these scrumptious meals you prepare. :)CoCo looks very much at home. Congratulations to both of you!

You’re right, hubby would have never believed that story! She sure is pretty! Thanks for saving her from freezing to death. What’s one more cat? haha.

What a sweet face! There must be a sign out front (in kitty language) that says “nice house for kitties.” It’s probably a flashing neon sign, right?

Pam I so love this story. Welcome Coco. She is very pretty. Does Coco realize what a wonderful home she has found? Thank you to you and your husband for giving Coco a home.

oh i love love love happy stories! i would have never looked for her owners if they had her out in freezing temps, they don’t deserve her.

she couldn’t have come knocking on a better door, what a beauty too~ you have your very own holiday story forever more, the coco loco express!

This is such a wonderful Christmassy story. Even if the previous ‘owners’ should show up after all (they won’t), I wouldn’t give her back. I’d kick them off the porch!
    She obviously chose you. And she’s right. Not only beautiful but brainy too ;-) Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy 2011.

It was a good thing your husband was home. I know mine would have never believed it :-)
    What a beautiful addition to your human and cat family.

Happy Holidays.

Velva

btw, on Wed 12/22 my wordless wednesday post shows off a special kitty. Come check it out.

Welcome to CoCo! She is quite beautiful, especially in the first picture. I wouldn’t have realized how tiny she was, though, without the “tail comparison” :)

What a great story, Pam. She’s really a pretty little thing…I can see why you were smitten. We had a calico once a long time ago and she was just the most affectionate cat. Her name was Callie (brilliant, huh?). I do miss her.

What a lucky little calico!! To find just the right house/family to join =) Are you actually keeping her? Or is your daughter really going to take her?

Oh I’m so happy you were able to take this kitty in. She is quite beautiful and I’m sure will soon become a welcome addition to your cat family. I wonder how someone was able to abandon such a sweet thing.

Your porch, like my deck, has a “cats welcome here” sign. Glen doesn’t even complain (much) anymore. Kitty-Guy doesn’t even have a name yet (#4) although he sleeps on the bed now.

Such a darling kitty. I just discovered your bog via Nine Muses Musing. I’m thrilled about your book list. I’ve already put a hold on several at my library. What a good idea! I’m going to do this on my blog next year. Thanks so much.

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and all with new CoCo! When I was found years ago, it was only 12F outside, and I was almost dead when these humans found me there. Now, I never run to the door cuz it sucks outside, plus why would I run outside when my luscious food bowl is inside. Maybe CoCo will be the same way. She knows where the food is! :) Meow. May you all have many many happy moons with CoCo!