Blueberry Danish Delight

Blueberry Danish Delight

I’m probably committing a huge foodie blogger sin.  No, I’m not using Cream of Mushroom Soup, but it’s probably just as bad….refrigerated crescent dough.  But you know what would have been an even bigger foodie blogger sin?  If I attempted to make a pastry dough from scratch.  So, live with it.

I found this recipe in the Smart Cooking the Costco Way.  I know.  I know.  But it is really this great (and free) book that you can pick up.

So, were these amazing?  No.  But was I eating a nice warm Danish about 45 minutes after deciding to make them?  Yes.  Yes, I was.

Blueberry Danish Delight

• 4 ounces cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup dried blueberries
  • 1 package seamless Pillsbury Crescent Dough (I couldn’t find seamless, so I just smooched together the regular dough)
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon water
  • Confectioners sugar (optional)

In a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until it’s smooth.  Add egg, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla, beat until well blended and fold in the blueberries.

Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out the dough on the sheet.  Cut the dough into 8 squares.  Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the blueberry mixture on each square on a diagonal.  Pick up the opposite ends of the square and fold over, overlapping to form the Danish.

In a small bowl, mix the honey and water and brush over the Danish.

Bake for 13-15 minutes, remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.

Dust with powder sugar and eat.  Try not to think about how your foodie friends are going to shun you.

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

Danishes are delicious things. I’ve never attempted pastry dough either, so I totally understand. Sometimes, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. And they do look quite wonderful.

These sound really, really good! Sometimes simpler is definitely better and I’ve been known to use (quite) a few Pillsbury crescent rolls in my time too :)

Thank you for linking up to the Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home Blog Hop!

Phew! I’m just relieved that THIS recipe doesn’t contain Cream of Mushroom soup.

Thanks for sharing the recipe…you had me from when you posted the pic in FB.

Ha! We have that book. They were handing them out at Christmas time. Haven’t tried anything from it yet.
    Warm Danish would be good this morning. 26*..yikes!

I have nothing but good things to say about the virtues of using prepared stuff to make better stuff. Especially when it means danishes in 45 minutes!

I use refrigerated crescent rolls all the time! I stuff them with nutella, pizza sauce and pepperoni, brown sugar and pumpkin puree.

And now I will be using blueberries and cream cheese…I’ll sin right there along with you.

Looks wonderfully delicious!!

Unless you are a food snob, there are no foodie blogger sins. Here’s my philosophy. NEVER ever apologize for your cooking or for the way you cook, or the shortcuts you take to make it more enjoyable or easier for you to cook. It is your kitchen and it is your blog. Proudly proclaim that!!

And yes. I, love using crescents, and two of the most popular & most well loved recipes on my site use crescents, so apparently, so do a lot of other folks. I also, and I might add, very proudly, DO use cream of mushroom/chicken/celery/onion soup and have no intention of ever stopping! :)

Have a great weekend!

Pam – I have nothing against a package of crescents. In fact, my family does ask for them quite often. These danishes look marvelous. No doubt they were delicious.

These sound so good. I can’t believe it’s possible to make delicious danish from the crescent rolls. Who knew? I’m starting a new linky on my blog called “Sweets for a Saturday” and I’d like to invite you to stop by sometime this weekend to link this up.

Well, this is one foodie friend who is definitely not going to shun you, in fact if I was there I would hug you. Ready-made pastry dough does it for me every time – there are many things I like to make from scratch when I can – pastry is not one of them! I would very happily eat one of these any day – in fact if I gave this a try I could do just that :-)
    Sue xo

Thanks so much for linking this up with Sweets for a Saturday. I truly appreciate your support. I hope you’ll be able to join me again next Saturday. By then, I’ll have a cute button that you can grab and add to your post.

Do I LOOK like I care if my
    “oh-so-precious” foodie friends shun me?
    Thought not.

I just love the endless possibilities of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls…but just wish I could get them here in Australia. The Blueberry Danish Delights look soooo good! ;)