Portofino Lamb and Artichoke Risotto

Lamb Risotto

There are certain foods that make me feel like I am really “cooking” – risotto is one of them.  I don’t know whether it is the slow addition of the heated stock, the gentle stirring, the monitoring and babying of your risotto, or the joyful comfort that you receive at the end.  Whatever it is, I love it.

It’s almost like it’s your child.  I don’t know about you, but I have little conversations with me risotto.  “Is that enough?”  “Do you want more?”  “Are you finished?”  “How about just one more scoopful?”

And then after you’ve given it just what it needs, it turns around and gives you just what you need.

I found this Portofino Lamb and Artichoke Risotto recipe at allrecipes.com.  I’m not going to type in the recipe…one – it’s Friday and I’m lazy, and two – you need to go check out allrecipes, really you do.

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

Wait. You mean risotto isn’t an actual child? Because I’ve been pretty sure that I’ve been naming mine all this time. And imagining grand futures for it. College educations. The whole deal. Oh boy.

This sounds so decadent! The name alone makes me think of something that can be ordered in a restaurant and the picture is fab!

I’d like to know how you knew I’ve still some leftover roast lamb in the freezer. Mmmm – guess I know what I’m cooking next week when I’m solo again. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mmmm, love risotto. I followed the link to the recipe (being a veggie, I’ll leave out the poor lamb and use vegetable/herb stock, but I’ve never added artichokes to a risotto, so will give it a try. No doubt delicious. Will have to give it another name though. “No Lamb, but Artichoke Risotto” perhaps?).
    Had to tell you that your photo is much more appetizing than the one on allrecipes.com :-)

Ha. You’re in my head again. I’m making risotto tonight, but mine includes leeks, roasted chicken, and balsamic vinegar.

It definitely makes you feel like you’re serving up something nice, but honestly, it’s one of the easiest dishes – and so versatile. I wish people weren’t so intimidated by it. Maybe you can change their minds!

I made risotto once or twice. Maybe it’s the vast quantities I have to cook, but it just wasn’t for me. It tasted great, but it’s way too much like work!

Two words: Oh, baby! :)

Skip the lamb. I could eat nothing but risotto and be happy as a clam.

BTW, I got caught up on your blog last weekend while walking on my treadmill (reading your posts on my iPad). I have to tell you I almost fell off several times. Why? Laughing by ass off! I know I sound like a broken record, but my God, you crack me up, Pam! Have a great weekend. I’ll have to figure out what to do while I walk tomorrow. Maybe I’ll go back to your earliest blog posts. :)