No More Naked Soup!

Soup with Parsley Pesto

This is not a recipe for soup.  This soup is one of my generic chicken veggie soups that I make about once every two weeks to use up my chicken carcasses in the freezer and various bits of veggies in the freezer and in the crisper drawer.

So, it’s not about this generic soup.  It’s about what is floating (not quite attractively) on top of the soup.  The garnish.

See, what happened, is that as I was rifling through the freezer, trying to use up some veggies frozen during last summer’s surplus, I stumbled upon a ziploc bag.  A ziploc bag containing Parsley Pesto and I thought…hey, that is why I make and freeze these things…to use them!  Only I usually forget.  Only this time I didn’t.  And it was good, added just the right touch to my basic, no frills, soup.

So, this is just a tip, a reminder, don’t have naked soup.  Garnish it.

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

and

This will be my entry for Souper Sundays (Soup, Salad, or Sammie) hosted by Deb at Kahakai Kitchen.  Unless I forget to send it.  Which is highly likely, because I think I’ve only actually remembered once.  Luckily Deb, sweetheart that she is, usually just comes and grabs it off of my post, but she can’t keep doing that forever you know!

P.S  I am hosting Weekend Cat Blogging here tomorrow!!!!  Come by and link up pics of your kitty cats!!!  All the cool people do.

Comments

We took this whole class yesterday about how you should remember to adequately cover your patient up as much as possible when you’re examining them. No unnecessary nudity. This is kind of like that.

I’ve made two batchs of broth this week myself. We do the same thing – freeze stuff then forget it, lose it, or save it for something special until it gets to old to use. Breakfast is coming soon.

Yum, thanks for the parsley pesto recipe, I love basil pesto, but sometimes the additional herb flavor is not what is needed. Besides I think parsley is underrated.

Funny how I almost always remember that I have tomato paste frozen in the freezer. But I manage to forget that I have pestos there as well. THanks for the reminder Pam! It’s going to be another (brrrrrr) cold day here again. Think I’ll make some soup and “dress” it tonight! ;-)

I think parsley is one of the most underused flavorful ingredients around. I add tons of parsley to my homemade chicken soup. Nice post.

ButterYum

I’ve made soup this week too with bits and pieces of veggies on hand. It really looks best when it’s not naked, I agree! :)

Soup doesn’t last long enough around here to be self conscious because it’s naked. I’m just saying.

And if I still had kittycats, I’d totally link to you. Thor would link, too, but I told him he’s not a cat.

nothing wants to be caught naked! the last unexpected thing i found in my mom’s freezer was a goldfish from when i was a kid. it died and i couldn’t bear to flush it… :)