Watercress Salad with Pan-Seared Mahi Mahi

Mahi Mahi Salad

Just when you think you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, something like this recipe arrives.  See…I love beef salads.  Give me a salad, add a perfectly cooked piece of beef, sliced enticingly on the top, and I am in heaven.  So, it stands to reason, why have I never thought to do this with fish?  Why, indeed.

This is genius.   A fish salad.  Who knew?   I found it in Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2009: Every Recipe…A Year’s Worth of Cooking Light Magazineand you can also find it online – Watercress Salad with Pan-Seared Mahi Mahi.

Since it’s so easy for you to just hop over to Cooking Light and check it out, I’m not going to repost it here.  My only concern was that the dressing seemed too sweet, but then I remembered that I couldn’t find watercress, so I used all lettuce.  The spicy watercress would have definitely balanced the sweetness of the dressing better.

What about you?  Did you already know about the genius of fish salads?  What’s your favorite?

This will be my entry for My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory.

and

This will be my entry for Souper Sundays (Soup, Salad, or Sammie) hosted by Deb at Kahakai Kitchen.

Comments

Mahi mahi is one of our favorite fish. To catch as well as to eat as they are really great fun to catch. When they are “running,” they almost jump into your boat. In the islands they’re called dolphin fish.

We eat a lot of salads and there’s not anything I haven’t put on a salad.
    Sam

Oh, this looks delicious! I’m not a big watercress fan, maybe it’s an aquired taste?
    But we do love fish; fish tacos, fish salad, salmon spaghetti, fish burritos. Yum!

This looks delicious Pam. I love grilled salmon with an Asian glaze on greens or a cold soba noodle salad, but fish over beef in our house is a hard sell most of the time.

Ever since I learned how healthy watercress is for you on Dr. Oz, I’ve not been able to find it anywhere. This salad looks fantastic!

I lOVE fish. a fish salad sounds n looks perfect. And is healthy. very good idea indeed. I’ll have to have ago at this. tq ;)

i’ve seen salmon atop salad greens, but it wasn’t nearly as attractive as your mahi mahi. plus, even if you say sal-mon incorrectly just for fun, mahi mahi is just a better name. :)

I love a good piece of fish on top of a salad and of course watercress is so very healthy too. This looks delicious.

Thanks for wanting to share it with Souper Sundays. I stumbled across it tonight and added it to the round up. ;-)