D’Aquino Pinot Grigio for Weekend Wine Reviews #56

D'Aquino Garganega Pinot Grigio

Guess who bought a bottle of wine for the sole reason that it came in a huge blue bottle?

D’Aquino Garganega Pinot Grigio, 2009, Italy, $9.99.  They say:  full dry flavor and pleasingly bitter aftertaste.  We say:  not bad, considering it was bought for the bottle alone.  Buy again:  Yes, because I want two of these bottles, plus it’s a pleasant wine!

Comments

Whenever I go to Trader Joe’s wine shop to buy one, I always make one for-the-bottle splurge. And it always reminds me of you!

Wow – gorgeous bottle for sure! I can picture it with limoncello in it…or vanilla…or wine. Oh ya, wine! Ha.

It really is a very beautiful bottle.. I would have to get one from a friend of mine who drinks wine and then had no use for the bottle… So if you drink three……..

Everything about the bottle is pretty and so is your photograph. I may have to follow your lead & have this ready for a poolside pic-n-nic once summer gets here.

I confess to buying wine for the very same reason. It’s either the bottle itself or the name that catches my eye.

Perfect for a bottle tree!

Btw, I’ve been dying to try Fess Parker after seeing your review. Unfortunately, it’s $20 a bottle here. Where do you buy your wines?

I found mine at Costco, but it was the bottle that got me. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the bottle. Wine bottle torch? Put it on the bottle tree??? Oh the dilema. I may just have to get another bottle to help me decide!