Pom Wonderful Pomegranate Cranberry Sorbet

Pomegranate Cranberry Sorbet

When the people at Pom Wonderful contacted me about trying their new Pomegranate Cranberry juice, I was more than a little happy.  I adore pomegranate juice AND I adore cranberry juice, so putting them together in one makes me very happy.

Pomegranate Cranberry Juice

I immediately knew I wanted to try a sorbet.  I knew this, because.. I was feeling really cruddy…anyone ever have a salivary gland infection?  Anyone?  Well, it’s not fun, half my face was looking like The Elephant Man, and if you don’t remember The Elephant Man, then you are probably, like the majority of the population, way younger than me.  (And,  my apologies to the Pom Wonderful people, I’m sure you didn’t expect a discussion on a salivary gland infection in your review).

So, anyway, I have these cute little bottles of Pomegranate Cranberry Juice, which I pour in a blender.  Then I add one cup of orange juice.  Then, I grab the boozy cranberries (about a cup) stashed in the freezer, from my cranberry liqueur, so I toss them in there too.  Give it a quick whirl.  I don’t even bother making a simple syrup, and it’s all good and cold, so into the ice cream maker it goes.   Out comes this sweet, tart sorbet.  It’s more like a snow cone, or what is it called when you freeze it in a container and you rake your fork across it, leaving a pile of frozen granules?

Cranberry Pomegranate Sorbet

I also made it because my photography challenge for the week was “How do other’s see you?”  I had no idea where to go with this.  Then, I thought..hey about a pomegranate cranberry sorbet made with boozy cranberries– a little sweet, a little tart, a little cold, melts in  hot weather, and may have recently consumed alcohol…I think that sums me up, don’t you?

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

**disclaimer…I received this Pomegranate Cranberry Juice free to try.  I did not receive any compensation for this review, other then the lovely juice.

Comments

Sounds really good. I might go get a bottle.Ive seen that somewhere. I know I did.

Love your last post’s pasta too. I’m very thankful to my freezer as well.:)

Haha hysterical post though I am SO sorry about that salivary gland infection! Hope it clears up soon! And as a future doctor, I have never heard of anything like it before. But I’m sure that’s not comforting.

Sorry.

The sorbet looks delicious! Perfect pre-bedtime snack. Light. Refreshing. Satisfying.

We share a secret love of cranberries. OK, it’s not secret. My Ryan had a salivary gland infection when he was 7. He looked like a chipmunk. We promptly dubbed it “spitatosis”. Anyway, this looks like a much better quality antidote than those stupid antibiotics they’ve doubtless given you!

Oh, and, PS, I don’t think you’re all that boozy. I remember the picture of you after imbibing a little…..zzzzz

Oooh, infection on the glands. I am nursing an infected insect bite, which is far redder, more swollen and painful than I would have ever guess. My doc said it would heal better with heat, so ask your doc if that would help. Surely that sherbert would make it feel better!

When you freeze it in a container and rake a fork through it the end product is called granita :) I woke up this morning thinking “I should make some granita this week” then came online and saw this blog entry of yours! Good minds and all that hehe.

Looks delicious and I’ll definitely have to try some of that juice on its own too!

Your photos are fantastic! This sorbet is such a fun and delicious way to use POM.

I’ve never had a salivary gland infection, it sounds painful. I hope you feel better soon. ;)

infections of any kind are never fun, and i can only imagine that an infection of one’s salivary glands is quite distressing. hope you’re back to good by now!
    VERY refreshing creation here, by the way. nice work!