What Was it Wednesday?

Kale

You’re looking at May 20, 2009.  Kale in a cookie sheet.

Roasted until crispy.

So, this really isn’t a traditional What Was it Wednesday, since there  is no doubt what this was.  But I don’t remember oven temp, or how long, or anything of the specifics..so instead of being a WHAT?  it’s a HOW?

***What Was it Wednesday – my attempt to work my way through my backlog of cooking photos.

Comments

I wanna know the answer to Joanne’s question. Did you like them? I made them awhile back and wasn’t too sure.

Good Morning, Pam,
    Yes, and we should add “Why”??

Is Crispy Kale something you eat alone…part of a recipe…a garnish?? I’m curious now.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. ~Natalie

I made these several times and I LOVED them! One of my friends said it reminded her of eating seaweed. And after she said that, it tasted like that to me too. But, I’m good with that. Being half japanese and having grown up eating seaweed all my life. ;-)

Kale chips. Yum! Need info on how to make? I’m your girl.

For some reason I love those chips. When I made a batch, one I started eating, they were gone. It must be that slight bitter taste, not unlike beer.

Must have been coated with olive oil somehow, or they’d have wilted. I liked kale well enough as an ingredient. It’s just too sharp at the edges for me to really enjoy.

Great blog! And hey, I see Joanne is here. Hi Joanne!

I found your blog by googling “chard pizza” (can you tell what I am planning on making for dinner tomorrow??) Your recipe looks perfect. I will be adding fennel. Because I also have fennel.

I love kale chips.