Garden Tuesday–Sunflowers!

Sunflowers

On a whim, while at the farmer’s market, I purchased 3 sunflower plants.  I figured I could squeeze them into one of my flower beds.  So I temporarily lined them up on a little edge at the back end of our driveway.  So, that as I pulled into the driveway and park (remember, I can’t get into my garage – yet), they were all lined up in a row.

Sunflowers

But then, it turned out, they made me happy.  Every time I pulled into my parking place on the driveway, they were waiting for me, and they made me smile.  Really, is there anything more cheerful then a sunflower?

Please join me for Garden Tuesday.

Comments

Just looking at a sunflower makes me feel like the sun must be shining and the day is going to be good…so yeah. I totally know what you mean!

Pam, very cheery! I can sure understand the enjoyment of something so happy when arriving home after a long day at work.

Your sunflowers would make me extremely happy! There are my favorites. Thanks so much for hosting. I’ve linked up for the first time. Have a great Tuesday, Candace

Makes me happy too! I need to visit the Farmer’s Market and find me some plants…I tried seeds and with all the rain we’ve had they must have washed away! Yours are beautiful!

Love the drive up I-5 through the San Joaquin Valley as there are fields of these beauties with their happy little faces! Great pics Pam, as always. You’ve such a talent.

That’s what I love about sunflowers, they do make you happy…then they make the birds and squirrels happy with the seeds!

I agree that sunflowers make me feel happy. I used to not like them much, but over the past few years, I have come to luv them. I planted assorted sunflower seeds last week. I just hope they survive (seeds are not my strong point!)

so true! My business card for the inn I wanted (that didn’t materialize) was a sunflower, and the name of the inn, LoveJoy, cuz that’s what you think when you see sunflowers! Love this!

We planted sunflowers a couple of years ago but planted them too shallow. When they reached full size they fell right over. I was so sad! I’d love to try again. Sunflowers are such happy flowers. :)

I always get a few volunteer sunflowers growing under our bird feeder and I let a couple grow to maturity. It will be July before we see any blooms.

Hello from Nebraska! Visiting you from Fishtail Cottage Flora Thursdays. :)