Garden Tuesday – Sweet Peas

Sweet Peas

Do you have terms of endearment for you pets?  My kitty cats are:  sweet potatoes, pumpkin pies, love buckets, goosebumps, silly goose, puddin’ pop, and sweet peas.

Rock City

My kitty names have nothing to do with Garden Tuesday, other then over the 4th we spent some time at my sister and brother-in-law’s house and they have sweet peas.  And I can’t think of sweet peas without thinking of my kitty cats.

Please join me for Garden Tuesday.

Comments

I’m big on the cutesy names like that for inanimate objects. And animals. Our dog never has the same one two visits in a row.

I didn’t realize it for a long time, but our two dogs had food names. Guess where our minds are. LOL

I’ll be linking up as soon as my post goes live this morning. Thanks Pam for hosting Garden Tuesday.
    Sam

When my cat is naughty he gets called “Hey Mister!” and when he is being good he gets called Banjoreeno! :)

Lovely sweet peas!
    xo Catherine

That shot of the sweet pea is beautiful! I have fallen into the habit of loving nicknames in recent years, never having done so before. In my family of origin, nicknames were not used, so I am a bit late to the game!

I come up with some strange terms of endearment sometimes, but I do use pumpkin, sweet pea and my love a lot. Kitties are referred to as fur, nose or fuzzy more than anything though. Such nosy critters. And the one kiddo my kitty sleeps with at night often gets a cold wet nose in the ear. I guess it’s a way of taking someones temp? Hehehe….

I love sweet peas! I tend to call people I love sugar or sug. Not sure when I started that…. I love the dog too but he gets called boo boo or bubba.

Oh what sweet names… Many of my flowers seem to have those ‘endearment’ type names..Sweetness, Eye Yi Yi, Prairie Blue Eyes, Hush Little Baby, Black Beauty, Pink Perfection, Stargazer, Bella-roma, Double Delight, Perfume Delight, Fragrant Cloud, Lemon Spice, Sunny Girl, Spring Cheer, etc. etc. etc.

I don’t have pets that are alive–but I do have tons of “Sweetie Pie” flowers.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

I absolutely adore sweet peas – such a pure and simple little flower with an incredible aroma. In my book, they’re an example of complete perfection. As for pet terms of endearment, Georgie (cat) is hey Missy and Max (dog) is sometimes “Bud” but usually “you little shit”. Does that tell you anything? LOL

Too cute! I love sweet peas. They are more of a cold weather plant here. I cannot wait to plant them this fall! I read that they are great to plant under fruit trees to infuse nitrogen into the soil.

I call my grandson pumpkin. Poor kid.
    Yorkie named Tuffy. (no longer with us)
    Son named Lumpy. (made us stop calling him that when he reached puberty)
    I could go on…but you get the picture.
    Which BTW, of sweet peas made me smile.

My grandmother had a cat named Sweet Pea. She also had cats named Punkin, Snookums, Muffin, and the like. No point to bothering with any name that the cat won’t be called, anyway!

Gardening can be one of the most rewarding activities on earth. You spend time outdoors, you play in the dirt and when you’re done you have something beautiful to show off to the world. Why not invest in quality gardening gear that keeps you comfortable throughout the seasons?

Oooops! I goofed! I posted my Garden Pictures post two weeks in a row by accident. I am so sorry. Your post is really cute, btw… :)

Lynn